Page 8 of 123 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Junior
    Thad has had back problems, IIRC, which will put a bunch of years on anyone.

Yes, therefore do not want.

It's hard to believe Thad was 32 when he got the Xavier job....and 31 when he got the Butler job.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 03-19-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Freshman
    We are lucky to have Coach Mack.
    Last edited by KFX; 03-20-2018 at 02:35 AM.

Junior
    I love what Thad did here but there is a reason OSU was done with him. Intriguing, no doubt. Maybe a new start is all he needs, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I love what Thad did here but there is a reason OSU was done with him. Intriguing, no doubt. Maybe a new start is all he needs, though.
    I'm sure someone will have an example of where it worked, but I feel like the "bringing an old coach back for another round" never works out.

Plus, a Mack departure is going to require someone coming in absolutely hustling to preserve a recruiting class and start building relationships with kids for upcoming classes. I don't know that I trust a 50 year old and recently "retired" Thad to do that.

Travis Steele would be our next head coach if Mack leaves.. I don't even think it's close.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    I'm sure someone will have an example of where it worked, but I feel like the "bringing an old coach back for another round" never works out.

Plus, a Mack departure is going to require someone coming in absolutely hustling to preserve a recruiting class and start building relationships with kids for upcoming classes. I don't know that I trust a 50 year old and recently "retired" Thad to do that.
    Surely you're not forgetting about our conference Bretheren and Dave Leitao. That move has paid off in SPADES.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Not sure in basketball, but Petrino has been fine at Louisville the second time through (definitely not as good as his first stint), and Bill Snyder has been pretty much exactly the same at K-State.

Homer Drew at Valpo also worked out. Perhaps the key is to find a guy who retired and didn't go anywhere else and not someone who left you for the shiny new object.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 03-19-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Not saying I'd want him, but I'm surprised so many recoil at the idea of Pat Kelsey. Obviously Winthrop is a challenge to recruit to, but he always seemed like someone on the track to being a big head coach. Don't know if he should have 'retired' like he did. Seems to have a good basketball mind. So what are the concerns?

I agree the coaches at NKU and Wright St. should be looked at. The NKU team had an entertaining offense with a touch of Princeton style, but also not a lot of holding the ball forever. I like a team that makes smart passes inside without relying solely on post players.

I also don't know what happened at Georgia, but I always thought Mark Fox was a good coach. Maybe things off the court made it tough to recruit to Athens? He's young and I see him improving someone's chances to win in the near future.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by KFX View Post
    I'm going to ask the moderator to take down the post that says Chris Mack is not seen as "clean" as before the Sumner allegation. I think its an absolute disgrace that anyone would say that about Chris Mack when there is not one shred of evidence that Mack, Xavier or anyone else did anything wrong. And Chris Mack categorically denies any wrongdoing. I will believe him over some purported "fan" with sources.
    Wow, chill. A report on the FBI probe named a former X player for something that allegedly happened on Mack’s watch. That is a fact. To think that hasn’t tarnished the perception of Mack, at least to some degree, is flat out stupid. There is nothing disgraceful with someone making that point, and that’s all he did. Pull your panties out of your butt dorkball, and grow up a bit. You’re dealing with adults here.