Page 86 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    What? Since when is there a "Rooney Rule" in College Basketball?
    There isn't but butch beard had a long courier journal interview and complained about the coaching search already and he is a Louisville legend. I'm assuming of course but I think this is just to appease.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Butler. Came to some school in Cincy.

Bryce Drew just left Valpo.
    Doh!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    So apparently Louisville AD will also interview Kenny Payne. What’s that, to see if he would like to be an assistant?
    If this is true, the Louisville ad is interviewing a guy he would never hire...said in his press conference this past week, he wanted a head coach not an assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    The frustrating part, as a fan, is that I don’t think this would ever happen at Georgetown or Villanova.

We’re a step below the schools you listed, but it seems like we’re also a step below other schools in the conference.
    Hard to say. I dont really think so though. I think when Duke or UNC opens up they will make a run at Jay. Then we will know that answer.

As for Georgetown there is no precedent to say that. It is their own fault though. Their loyalty to the Thompson family was a blessing to college basketball teams everywhere. Noone wanted JT3. Now the real test will be Ewing. Let's see what he does for the next 5 years and if a big boy or even the NBA comes calling we will see. I'd think he would go NBA before anything else though

Xavier should just hire David West and call it a day. Guy would be all over the refs.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I was looking at Endowments. Princeton is like $24 billion, ND $12 billion, Duke $8 billion, and Ohio State $3.6 billion. Xavier only $170 million. Nova $680 million, Louisville $700 million and KY $1 billion.
    UD: 524 million
    Creighton: 448 million
    SLU: 1 billion
    Marquette: 550 million
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    And don’t forget the Taxpayers! The Yum Center is going to end up costing the taxpayers millions and millions of dollars as it’s expected true cost is going to reach a BILLION dollars before all the bonds and refinancing is settled.

In 1997 the total athletic budget for UL was around 17 million dollars....the 2017/2018 budget is 104 million. A 6 fold increase in 20 years! According to reports I’ve read, many donors thought that they were donating for education and research, but the money went to new athletic facilities. The athletic department gets upwards of 90% of the revenues the Yum Center generates. The University subsides the athletic department to the tune of 5 million a year, otherwise they would show a loss. UL displays virtually everything that is wrong with big time college athletics running unfettered.....but the times they are a changin’.
    This. Plus prostitutes.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Xavier should just hire David West and call it a day. Guy would be all over the refs.
    If we want to start that talk put me in for Tu Holloway. We can even have a zip up jersey night

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Payne is a Louisville alum. Fans hate him because he works for Cal. Tyra promised to hire "minority candidates" in his press conference the other day.
    HIRE??? That would be great! Mack is back!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I was looking at Endowments. Princeton is like $24 billion, ND $12 billion, Duke $8 billion, and Ohio State $3.6 billion. Xavier only $170 million. Nova $680 million, Louisville $700 million and KY $1 billion.
    Yup. #FactsOnly
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell