Page 57 of 123 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Considering he came out to Country Roads the following year and is now the head coach of Virginia Tech, I hate him, I never said anybody else had to, I just do personally.
    Lol great troll job after the biggest overreaction ever. WVU fans deserved that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Let's hire Moser or Musselman. Whoever wins.
    I was thinking SLU really shit the bed when they handed the reins to Jim Crews when Majerus passed instead of Porter Moser, but I think Moser may have left for Loyola one year prior.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    All those things you mentioned, on top of having crappy defenses, being 1-10 against nova, a crappy conference tourney record are all reasons for why Mack is replaceable. He’s a good coach, nothing more in my opinion.
    Are you the guy who got punked by Mack in college, and is still butthurt about it ? Or just another my second fav team is UL, and my third team is blah,blah, and "Oh, I like so and so, too" guy ?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Are you the guy who got punked by Mack in college, and is still butthurt about it ? Or just another my second fav team is UL, and my third team is blah,blah, and "Oh, I like so and so, too" guy ?
    Just don’t think he is the best thing since sliced bread that a lot do here, that’s all. Good coach, nothing special. Not a Louisville fan, just live here and don’t understand what that has to do with anything.

But since you asked, I’m also a Mizzou fan (so I’m a fan of two teams who have a lot of tourney victories without a final four) due to both my parents graduating from there and growing up in St. Louis. I hope that’s ok with you.
    Last edited by Xville; 03-22-2018 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Not everyone has to have a man crush on Mack. Honestly, I was way more nervous and worried about the future of Xavier basketball when Sean left.

I would love for Mack to stick around, but it's not looking that way. Continuity is very important though and Mack is an excellent coach.

However, Xville brings up some good points. Mack has led a 1 seed and 2 seed into the tournament and flamed out both times. It's a foregone conclusion Xavier is getting waxed by 20 points every time we play Villanova. And honestly, Mack is from the Skip Prosser coaching tree. Mack has been way more successful than Skip was, but Mack doesn't preach and teach defense in the same way as Skip.

Those are just a few counterpoints.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Considering he came out to Country Roads the following year and is now the head coach of Virginia Tech, I hate him, I never said anybody else had to, I just do personally.

Well, that‘s because you’re right. Buzz Williams is a prickly prick, and an over-rated one to boot. The guy who had questionable recruiting and trash academics on his Marquette teams? Then trashed Marquette and the Big East on his way out, to leave for the greener pastures of... Virginia Tech? Any supposed fan of a Big East team who doesn’t understand the suckiness of Buzz is either uninformed, or an absolute idiot. Somebody posted earlier that Buzz is the only “power” conference coach that would be acceptable for X to pursue. I have honestly never called someone this before, but what a douche.
    Last edited by XUBison; 03-22-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Junior
    While I get losing early as a 1/2 seed was tough but tossing out the fact that Mack brought the program to a point where we got a 1 and a 2 in a three year span, with an elite 8 in between, is extremely silly. Jay wright was known as a flame out for awhile, too. Mack got the program to a point where we can get top seeds- and like Jay- if given the time he would push through to a final four IMO.

Calling Mack "nothing special" is patently stupid. He's one of the top coaches in the game. There's no question he has taken the X program to its greatest highs, that's an inarguable fact. Throwing out losing early as a 1/2 seed while minimizing the amazing accomplishment it is to get this X program to that point is dishonest and baffling.

Seems special to me - what's the counterargument to that? His KenPom defensive efficiency average? Please.
    Last edited by AviatorX; 03-22-2018 at 09:58 PM.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    While I get losing early as a 1/2 seed was tough but tossing out the fact that Mack brought the program to a point where we got a 1 and a 2 in a three year span, with an elite 8 in between, is extremely silly. Jay wright was known as a flame out for awhile, too. Mack got the program to a point where we can get top seeds- and like Jay- if given the time he would push through to a final four IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Calling Mack "nothing special" is patently stupid. He's one of the top coaches in the game. There's no question he has taken the X program to its greatest highs, that's an inarguable fact. Throwing out losing early as a 1/2 seed while minimizing the amazing accomplishment it is to get this X program to that point is dishonest and baffling.

Seems special to me - what's the counterargument to that? His KenPom defensive efficiency average? Please.
    +1
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post

At the point Miller had left the program and with the resources that Xavier has as a pure basketball school, I think there are others who could have accomplished what Mack has done. The Xavier program is bigger than its coach, that’s been proven over the past 15 years.

while it’s nice we won a reg season championship, Mack is 1-10 against nova and not just 1-10 but 1-assraped.

And yes to me, defense matters because it’s half the game and Mack’s teams don’t value it. Championships are won by teams in top 20 in both o and d and that’s the goal right?

Lastly, college basketball is a postseason sport. That is what coaches and teams are measured by, and to that extent no Mack has not taken x to new highs.

For you to say he’s one of the top coaches in the game is patently stupid to me.

Oh and btw why is it a foregone conclusion for some of you that Mack will take this team to a final four if he stays here? Jay wright did it in his 8th year, next year would be Mack’s 10th. Just how long should we wait for this to inevitably happen. It’s just as much a foregone conclusion that he has maxed out his potential, as it is he will get a final four here.
    Last edited by Xville; 03-22-2018 at 10:28 PM.