Page 54 of 123 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
    Good post Retire Fifty Tu. I'd have no reason believe you aren't the brains behind the Retire Fifty Tu twitter page handle, and it's one of my favorites to browse for XU takes - so public props to you.

FWIW I don't want Frank Martin. He's a great coach but I'm just a personal fan of that style. Cough cough Mick Cronin.
    Run the table.

Sophomore
    So we’ll be competing with Loyola MD and Mid Tenn St for our next coach? Enough said. If this is the case, then X has certainly outgrown the notion of hiring someone with no head coaching experience. Hope we wise up before turning the keys to the Buick over to an assistant. Let the kids learn to drive the old Tercel first.

Supporting Member
    Not sure what would piss me off more. Kentucky getting to a final four with one of the easiest paths known to man, or Loyola or Nevada getting to a final four before Xavier. I’m half rooting for Loyola, and half pissed off that they have a chance at a final four this year still and x doesn’t

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    So we’ll be competing with Loyola MD and Mid Tenn St for our next coach? Enough said. If this is the case, then X has certainly outgrown the notion of hiring someone with no head coaching experience. Hope we wise up before turning the keys to the Buick over to an assistant. Let the kids learn to drive the old Tercel first.
    You seem to forget Xavier’s last TWO head coaches never held a head coach of position before manning the sidelines at X.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Not sure what would piss me off more. Kentucky getting to a final four with one of the easiest paths known to man, or Loyola or Nevada getting to a final four before Xavier. I’m half rooting for Loyola, and half pissed off that they have a chance at a final four this year still and x doesn’t
    Have to go with UK. I have as much F4 envy as anyone, but I can’t hate on Nevada or Loyola.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by BMoreX View Post
    You seem to forget Xavier’s last TWO head coaches never held a head coach of position before manning the sidelines at X.
    Ummm... Nope.

Did I miss the presser where Mack announced he's going to Hookerville? I think he's staying. Just my homer gut talking perhaps but I think there's more to him than just another bucket of cash.
    Veritas vos Liberabit

I don't think it's an automatic Xavier will make the NCAA Tournament next year. Last year, Xavier BARELY made the tournament (last team in), and that was with JP Macura and Trevon Bluiett as juniors, Edmond Sumner for 22 games, Malcolm Bernard, etc.

Next year, we're going to have a bunch of sophmores and juniors with Kaiser Gates, who was probably the most disappointing player this past year.

IF X makes the tournament, it will be a heck of an accomplishment. I have a hard time seeing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    Did I miss the presser where Mack announced he's going to Hookerville? I think he's staying. Just my homer gut talking perhaps but I think there's more to him than just another bucket of cash.
    Be prepared to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Loyola has already won a national title.