Page 85 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    The frustrating part, as a fan, is that I don’t think this would ever happen at Georgetown or Villanova.

We’re a step below the schools you listed, but it seems like we’re also a step below other schools in the conference.

I mean...is it a surprise to anyone that X's program is a step below Georgetown and Nova? Duh.

Junior
    I think people quoting the $3mil for a coach are misled. X would give Mack $3mil to stay. Any new coach is not gonna get that kind of money, at least not until he proves himself.

So apparently Louisville AD will also interview Kenny Payne. What’s that, to see if he would like to be an assistant?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    The frustrating part, as a fan, is that I don’t think this would ever happen at Georgetown or Villanova.

We’re a step below the schools you listed, but it seems like we’re also a step below other schools in the conference.
    Welp. Look at the endowment. We ARE steps below other Big East schools overall. Xavier has made great progress but it still has a ways to go.
    Money talks in everything. Just talking is cheap. If people want X to take the step ALL the way up, the money has to come in and put this school over just a $170 million endowment.

Just have to keep on keeping on...
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    So apparently Louisville AD will also interview Kenny Payne. What’s that, to see if he would like to be an assistant?
    Where did you see that? If true, look up a picture of him and connect the dots.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Payne is a Louisville alum. Fans hate him because he works for Cal. Tyra promised to hire "minority candidates" in his press conference the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Where did you see that? If true, look up a picture of him and connect the dots.
    What? Since when is there a "Rooney Rule" in College Basketball?
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

How many schools have had an alum leading their program who voluntarily leaves for another school?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Welp. Look at the endowment. We ARE steps below other Big East schools overall. Xavier has made great progress but it still has a ways to go.
    Money talks in everything. Just talking is cheap. If people want X to take the step ALL the way up, the money has to come in and put this school over just a $170 million endowment.

Just have to keep on keeping on...
    I was looking at Endowments. Princeton is like $24 billion, ND $12 billion, Duke $8 billion, and Ohio State $3.6 billion. Xavier only $170 million. Nova $680 million, Louisville $700 million and KY $1 billion.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    How many schools have had an alum leading their program who voluntarily leaves for another school?
    Butler. Came to some school in Cincy.

Bryce Drew just left Valpo.