Page 83 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Other than a handful of jobs, EVERYONE is a stepping stone at some point. Hell, Kansas had a coach leave for UNC.
    Good point.

We are past the point of being left for just the random Power 5 school but will probably never be past the point of being left for the bluebloods, unless we just find that one special unique coach. If that isnt Mack though I am not sure if there is a guy out there like that for us.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    You are all ridiculous..If Louisville is so terrible, someone better tell Mack.

I get it though...your best buddy Mack lied and is leaving. I understand being upset.

I just don't care because we will be fine without him.
    I’m not mad. I don’t care what he said about X. What was he supposed to say, that he’s biding his time until something else comes along? I just wish he was leaving X for somewhere other than UL. It is embarrassing.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by throwbackmuskie View Post
    Well let’s not forget that clean hoops program they run. Louisville is top 25, I will give you that, but they are not an elite program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If they are top 25, than what is X? Top 50?

I think x is top 25, Louisville top 10...most rational people believe the same.

Roy Williams returned to his alma mater, not the other way around.

Evander Holyfield may be a top 50 boxer...in Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Just to really muddy the water, can't Mack's comment of X being a "destination" job be true...even if he leaves?

Don't go all bonkers on me, I'm being serious. It's one of the top jobs in the country (easily top 20 out of 350) and if it pays $3 million it's even being competitive with some big state schools.

But does that not mean there are other "destination" jobs which he can legitimately consider? Maybe XU is a destination job, just not eventually for him.
    Well, if you want to parse it out, technically in that interview with Rothstein he was answering the question of if Xavier is "more of a destination job" than it was 10 years ago and now being in the Big East. I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean it was the ultimate, final destination job for Mack.

Supporting Member
    Other than a handful of jobs, EVERYONE is a stepping stone at some point. Hell, Kansas had a coach leave for UNC.
    Yep..always going to be no matter what....hell even the blueboods could be a stepping stone for an nba job

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Roy Williams returned to his alma mater, not the other way around.
    Right, but it's Kansas. Even they can lose a coach to another school. I can't think if that ever happening to Louisville, Kentucky, Duke, Indiana, UCLA, North Carolina, Kansas or Arizona other than that one time, but it can happen even to that group in the right circumstances. And that group is generally going to be able to get who they want from just about everyone outside that group.

I focus on the pain. The only thing that's real.
    Evander Holyfield may be a top 50 boxer...in Georgia.
    “Charlie come get your whoopin’”
    This is the land of Peace, Love, Justice...and no Mercy.

I wonder if we'd be going through all this if we were going to our first FF, and even playing for the NC (which looking at the seeds left, could have been possible to say the least).

Maybe it would have just added more to what Louisville would have to offer him.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.