Page 82 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'm certain you'll believe whatever you want to believe.
    I am sure you are the same way. Your point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by throwbackmuskie View Post
    The point is that Louisville really is not this great program you are making them out to be.

And the way you proved that is the football academic's prowess? Wow you are stretching.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    And the way you proved that is the football academic's prowess? Wow you are stretching.
    Which is all or mostly made up.

Chris Mack discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Well let’s not forget that clean hoops program they run. Louisville is top 25, I will give you that, but they are not an elite program.

Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by double00 View Post
    I wonder if Mack sees this as his one shot to see how far he can go in his career. It surprised me to see that Thad Matta is only two years older than Mack. At what point does Xavier tire of Mack if he can’t take us to the final four Just like OSU tired of Matta because they seemed to have stagnated. Imagine Mack’s tenure fizzling out at X due to lack of progress and then he’d be left asking himself what if he’d taken the leap to go to U of L. How many more years without a FF would Mack have lasted?

In addition. I have to relate to the fact that Mack doesn’t see his family as much as say other fathers might because of work. Perhaps the drawback of staying at Xavier would be thought of having to hustle your way through recruiting whereas at UOfL that won’t be as necessary. Not that I think that Mack will take his foot off the gas peddle. On the contrary I expect him to be frantic to get that NC for UL. But I’m trying to rationalize here and ease my pain.
    If you are suggesting Mack will have more time with his family at Louisville then XU that is laughable.

Can't post dinner with family or coach you daughters basketball game in the middle of a 3 game losing streak at Louisville.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Louisville didn't start getting that crazy shoe money until AFTER they'd built the program. Before that, it was donor money.
    And don’t forget the Taxpayers! The Yum Center is going to end up costing the taxpayers millions and millions of dollars as it’s expected true cost is going to reach a BILLION dollars before all the bonds and refinancing is settled.

In 1997 the total athletic budget for UL was around 17 million dollars....the 2017/2018 budget is 104 million. A 6 fold increase in 20 years! According to reports I’ve read, many donors thought that they were donating for education and research, but the money went to new athletic facilities. The athletic department gets upwards of 90% of the revenues the Yum Center generates. The University subsides the athletic department to the tune of 5 million a year, otherwise they would show a loss. UL displays virtually everything that is wrong with big time college athletics running unfettered.....but the times they are a changin’.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Add to that reduced scholarships and other sanctions the first 3-4 years.
    Is this punishment from the hooker thing? Because people keep mentioning the FBI probe related sanctions which to be honest are at least 2 years away.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Just to really muddy the water, can't Mack's comment of X being a "destination" job be true...even if he leaves?

Don't go all bonkers on me, I'm being serious. It's one of the top jobs in the country (easily top 20 out of 350) and if it pays $3 million it's even being competitive with some big state schools.

But does that not mean there are other "destination" jobs which he can legitimately consider? Maybe XU is a destination job, just not eventually for him.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Just to really muddy the water, can't Mack's comment of X being a "destination" job be true...even if he leaves?

Don't go all bonkers on me, I'm being serious. It's one of the top jobs in the country (easily top 20 out of 350) and if it pays $3 million it's even being competitive with some big state schools.

But does that not mean there are other "destination" jobs which he can legitimately consider? Maybe XU is a destination job, just not eventually for him.
    If not for him (Cincinnati native and X alum), then whom? Him leaving would sting the most because I was convinced he was finally the one to stop the stepping stone trend.

Other than a handful of jobs, EVERYONE is a stepping stone at some point. Hell, Kansas had a coach leave for UNC.