Page 37 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    For those keeping score, Hurley is going to UCONN, 6 year deal.
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    To MOR's point, they've completely changed the leadership in terms of the AD, President and Board of Trustees at Louisville. As to Brew's point that he's alluded to before, there's still a lot of infighting between the current board and the old Board because of how the current board was appointed to begin with.

And then there's the little matter of how the NCAA will investigate Louisville based on the FBI's findings back in September. I don't think they get the death penalty that COULD be on the table, but they are likely looking at postseason bans and scholarship reductions in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    CMack absolutely is enabled to do what he wants, but between “Strippers” , allegedly paying players as recruits, enabling morally bankrupt coaches like Pitino and Petrino along with various and asundry other flotsam & jetsam, U of L (& I’m from Louisville and my mother went to U of L) has been evil and has displayed a pattern of horrible misbehavior. Chris can do what he wants, but that school’s reputation is in the sewer. No one should pretend it isn’t....other than ESPN honks.
    The stink is there, will attach itself to anyone who goes there, and won’t dissipate for a long time.
    Agree with you and I have been thinking about this quite a bit too. I just cant see Chris wanting to get into the mess that is UL. I don't care how much money they offer him. If X can get him a big raise and in the neighborhood of where he honestly should be paid, I think he stays.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    If Hurley with no NCAA wins in his entire career, is worth $3mil+ to UConn, how much is Mack worth?
    To be fair, he does have two wins and has been successful everywhere he has ever coached, and there was a bidding war. Personally, I think it is a really great hire

Why doesn't Villanova go through this coaching anxiety every off season?? Is Wright being paid that well?
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    Why doesn't Villanova go through this coaching anxiety every off season?? Is Wright being paid that well?
    If you believe the chart in the USA Today he makes something like 2.6 (off the top of my head).
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Not nearly what Louisville is throwing out there. I think somewhere in the $3 million range for Wright. Plus it’s more expensive to live in Philly.

Wright has won a National Championship at Nova and has a great shot at making another Final Four. He has reached the top of the mountain at Villanova. Why would he leave?

Supporting Member
    Multiple Final fours, Championship etc....its been proven you can be at the top of the mountain there...not at Xavier yet

I think they used to go through it. But it's been 17 years now. At some point, you're going to stay.