Page 52 of 123 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Xavier was fine when we had a coaching change while in the MCC or A-10. A coaching change in the Big East is a completely different animal. If Mack leaves, and I hope he doesn’t, I see our run of non losing conference seasons ending next year and we make an appearance in the NIT for a year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol. Did this happen to Butler last season?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Xavier was fine when we had a coaching change while in the MCC or A-10. A coaching change in the Big East is a completely different animal. If Mack leaves, and I hope he doesnÂ’t, I see our run of non losing conference seasons ending next year and we make an appearance in the NIT for a year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While the w-l statement might be true, I think it would have more to do with personnel than the difference between Mack and the next coach ability. That and the inability for Mack to close on anyone substantial for this year recruiting wise.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    I think the nail on the coffin was him striking out on his next class. He went for some big time guys and missed on them all. I think that convinced Mack that he may have maxed Xavier out.
    It cuts two ways against him staying. There's the "I just don't know if we can recruit the way I want to at Xavier issue." And there's also "things are going to be rough around here, what am I sticking around for?"

Mack didn't do X any favors by signing a terrible recruiting class this year, although who knows if they would stay committed anyways.

Mack signed the 6th best class....in the Big East. I'm sorry, that won't get it done.

If we keep the current players X will not be kNITing. If we lose the current players then yes it could be very bad. However if we can get a defensive coach or asst I think next year X will have a decent run. Every year we have this discussion and every year X does just fine if not better. We will be fine.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Also worth noting there is going to be a HUGE talent drain in the BE this offseason. Everyone is reloading and I’ll take X’s core toward the top.

Not sure why everyone is assuming the whole team is going to transfer.

Sophomore
    I am not sure even Mack would've been able to take this team to the NCAA tournament next year, so we definitely won't be if we're letting Steele or whoever learn on the job. I fully expect to be back the next year, though.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Lol. Did this happen to Butler last season?
    Butler also had their own Tre in Kelan Martin, a big time scorer and first team all-conference player. Martin had a slightly better effeciency rating than Trevon and rebounded a littler better.

Xavier won't have anyone that can score like that next year. Huge difference.

Watch Butler next year; they're going to stink.

I’d be shocked if X’s roster remains intact and they don’t make the tournament next season.

Probably a 7-11 seed, but definitely in the field. The Goodin/Naji/Scruggs core is being underestimated. We haven’t even seen what the latter two will look like after a full offseason.

Do people pay attention to what bubble resumes look like?

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Butler also had their own Tre in Kelan Martin, a big time scorer and first team all-conference player. Martin had a slightly better effeciency rating than Trevon and rebounded a littler better.

Xavier won't have anyone that can score like that next year. Huge difference.

Watch Butler next year; they're going to stink.
    Yeah, I’m basically never going to project Butler to suck. Been down that road before.