Page 35 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Why is that interesting? Just curious what you are reading into this?
    If a coach’s name is out there, it’s almost always because an agent is making it known he’s willing to listen.

Not reading much of anything into it — just interesting that the possibility exists he’s looking to bail on Arizona. I know some people on here had speculated “what if” he would be willing to come back.
    Last edited by Caveat; 03-21-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Padgett is awful. Xavier wouldn't possibly go that route.
    Can you imagine the optics? Louisville gets our highly in-demand coach... We get sloppy seconds On their castaway interim coach. Not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    If a coach’s name is out there, it’s almost always because an agent is making it known he’s willing to listen.

Not reading much of anything into it — just interesting that the possibility exists he’s looking to bail on Arizona. I know some people on here had speculated “what if” he would be willing to come back.
    Or they are doing their job to get their client more money.

Mack will get a nice raise and will be our coach next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Why is that interesting? Just curious what you are reading into this?
    Interesting... because Sean came out to say he’s not going to Pitt, yet we hear nothing similar from Mack on Louisville. DUN-dun-DUN!!! There it is. Shit.

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Interesting... because Sean came out to say he’s not going to Pitt, yet we hear nothing similar from Mack on Louisville. DUN-dun-DUN!!! There it is. Shit.
    Miller was saving face, he was interested, they were not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Miller is looking for a place to land
    Mack is being courted. Very different situations
    No one comes out and says they're not interested hours after the current coach is let go. Let it play out ,see where it goes. Of note, except for Matta, the other former X coaches had only very modest success. It's says something for the grass not always being greener elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post

Agents sometimes put their clients names out there to get their clients a better deal at their current school. Chris’s agent has obviously been doing that. His agent lives in Louisville and is an IU graduate. This is an interesting article from awhile back about college basketball agents with Chris and his agent mentioned.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...g-changes/amp/

Freshman
    Hope Mack stays. Sick, waiting for surgery - so these forums are part of my entertainment. That is kind of sad. If Mack leaves, is Travis Steele ready to take over.
    We have done well with assistants moving up over the years.

Sophomore
    So I have a theory, based on not much of anything. I’ve never quite understood the Louisville/Mack thing. I get that it’s a mega job, but so are IU, OSU, etc. I also understand the Christi connection, but really, who cares? Ive never heard of a coach taking a job because it brought him closer to his in-laws. Makes me think there’s more to that story... like Christi really wanted him to take the Cal job, an awesome location for young people with a lot of money. Perhaps Chris talked her out of it, but as a compromise, he had to pinky-promise to take the Louisville job if it were ever offered to him. Chris, being a very loyal and wise husband, now finds himself in a tight spot. In other words, the $$$ and prestige at Louisville are all well and good, but the guy might really have no choice.

Incidentally, some of you probably know this, but I misspelled her name and googled ”Christ-ie” Mack, and a “Christ-y” Mack dominated the top of my search. Blew my mind.

Junior
    First of all I hope all goes well with your surgery. And I absolutely think Travis is ready. I think he's as ready (or more) to take over than Mack was. I remember vividly the presser when Sean announced his decision and someone asked him do you think Chris is ready - Sean said "Oh yeah, he's more than ready". I know that's some coach speak in supporting your staff while you're driving your brand new Lexus to the bank but something about that - maybe the way he said it -caused me think think this might actually work out pretty well. Of course I couldn't foresee the Big East etc... but it did indeed work out pretty well. So count me in the "Oh yeah, Travis is more than ready" camp.
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati