Page 23 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Oh no no no, I don't think we're going to get anybody even as close to as accomplished as Mack, I guess I worded that poorly. I meant potential wise, do we think he's good enough to get us to a Final 4, you know? If he can't do it at Arizona, what makes us think he can do it at Xavier (no offense to X, it's just resources wise, we're kind of lacking).
    Stop it, just stop it ! Butler went to 2 Final Fours with resources less than some DIII schools.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Stop it, just stop it ! Butler went to 2 Final Fours with resources less than some DIII schools.
    Yes, with Brad Stevens, one of the best coaches in the game, look at what he's done with the Celtics, I'd argue he's overachieved even in a weak Eastern Conference.. I'm saying Sean Miller had a plethora of 5 star recruits, and all that to his disposal, the talent he had on those Arizona teams were higher than that of X, I'm not saying it counts the heart, determination, passion, etc, but purely athleticism standpoint, they were better in that regard. My question wasn't really Xavier as a brand, it was more so does Sean Miller have the ability to coach a SLIGHTLY lesser talent pool to a Final 4.

Junior
    I think Miller works better with 3-4 year players. Obviously he doesn't want to pass on the type of talent that leaves after one or two years (who would) but when he can have more time molding very talented guys for 3-4 years into his system he is better off than getting in the one and done game. In other words, I think he would bring Xavier a final four if given the opportunity to coach here again (which is extremely unlikely).

*I think Mack has the ability to bring X to a final four as well.

Supporting Member
    Personally, and it's probably an unpopular opinion on here but I think Miller is a better coach than Mack so I would take him back if he wanted to come back and we had an opening.

While he was coach here, he valued defense and the development of his players in year 2-4 was impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Personally, and it's probably an unpopular opinion on here but I think Miller is a better coach than Mack so I would take him back if he wanted to come back and we had an opening.

While he was coach here, he valued defense and the development of his players in year 2-4 was impressive.
    Miller was always my favorite X coach.
    Mack strongly grew on me and he too is a great coach.
    If X could get a one and done player, we would. It is all about promoting the basketball team to reach the highest level and that has always helped X gain students and rebuild the campus.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMuskie View Post
    Also, my dad is absolutely convinced the only job Mack'll leave for is Duke.
    Us old guys think alike.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post

Except on out of bounds plays and plays coming out of a time out.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

What I don't understand is how every message board, and rumor about the almost certainty that Mack is leaving for Louisville and the Enquirer is dead silent. How are they are not pursuing this at all? I feel he is 100% percent going from what I have heard from someone who doesn't make stuff up and knows some of the right people that would have that info. In Nashville I was told of the particulars of the deal, and I didn't want to believe it but it comes from someone I trust not to just throw something against the wall. Where the hell is the enquirer as I most assuredly know they have heard whispers as well.

All-Conference
    I don't think he's going anywhere, nor have I seen anything that makes me believe he's going anywhere.

I don't believe any of this "I heard from a credible source" crap.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    I don't think he's going anywhere, nor have I seen anything that makes me believe he's going anywhere.

I don't believe any of this "I heard from a credible source" crap.
    I don't want to either, but it's tough coming from someone who never makes crap up. You even have Steve Flesch weighing in. I'm not certain that he is going, but if I was forced to bet I would bet he is going.