Page 21 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Just as aside, this.
    I've emailed Mack a few times over the years, and always got a nice response.
    Granted, it may be some grad assistant in his office that handles his email for him.
    But I took a moment to thank him for the great year, and his players for representing us all well.
    And told him of course that we were (as it seems most years) worried about his tenure, but knew he would do the right thing for his family.
    He couldn't have been more gracious in his reply and it came in 24 hrs.

If he leaves, I will miss seeing him on our sidelines. He's the ultimate "X" guy.

(I always thought he'd wait for Duke for some reason)
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Reminds me of a funny story. I had a family friend who was a student at Villanova about 10 years ago. After a poor loss (or whatever set him off) him being the stupid overly served 20 year old emailed Jay Wright essentially calling him out for never having any good out of bounds plays, typos - you name it. After seeing his outbox the next day he was reminded of his stupidity and became extremely embarrassed. A few weeks had passed and he didn't get a response and didn't think much of it. Nova ended up going on about a 10 game winning streak and sure enough about a few weeks - months later he received an email from Jay Wright. "Dear Dan, thanks for the passionate support. PS. How do you like my plays now?"
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I read it, but I certainly didn't assume it was good information.
    Not arguing, but I'll give you a bit more of where my story came from regarding why Kelsey left UMASS. A member of his coaching staff is a former student and player at the school I teach at. His father remains coach and teacher at this school, so the son is in contact with many faculty and others in the community. The former student, now Winthrop coach, told the story to a fellow staff member, and I heard it from the staff member. That is two steps away....so take it for what it is worth. I trust both the former student and my co-worker implicitly....but that obviously doesn't guarantee the story's veracity. Again, I don't care if anyone believes the story or not, but I find it likely to be true given my trust in the two people who told it.
    We've been working hard the whole year...we're staying focused and keeping it one game at a time. --Justin Cage

Quote Originally Posted by Muskeagle View Post
    Not arguing, but I'll give you a bit more of where my story came from regarding why Kelsey left UMASS. A member of his coaching staff is a former student and player at the school I teach at. His father remains coach and teacher at this school, so the son is in contact with many faculty and others in the community. The former student, now Winthrop coach, told the story to a fellow staff member, and I heard it from the staff member. That is two steps away....so take it for what it is worth. I trust both the former student and my co-worker implicitly....but that obviously doesn't guarantee the story's veracity. Again, I don't care if anyone believes the story or not, but I find it likely to be true given my trust in the two people who told it.
    I also didn't assume it was bad information.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Reports are Miller reached out to Mack and told him not to leave X.
    I would bear hug him in his soaking wet game day shirt for such a sensible act!

Hell, I’d switch shirts with him!

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I also didn't assume it was bad information.
    Didn't figure you did....I was just offering a bit more info.
    We've been working hard the whole year...we're staying focused and keeping it one game at a time. --Justin Cage

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post

As for if he leaves and we re-hire Miller, that would be pretty interesting. The tune of the board has changed a lot in feelings for him just by the reports of him talking to Mack and saying not to leave (rumors), but would Miller be a lateral hire?
    Wait I'm confused, you think if Mack leaves we will be making a better hire than Mack? A lateral hire would amazing if we would be able to make one and I'm not even talking about Miller. If Mack leaves we will be doing nothing but making a hire who worse (at least in this moment) than Mack.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Wait I'm confused, you think if Mack leaves we will be making a better hire than Mack? A lateral hire would amazing if we would be able to make one and I'm not even talking about Miller. If Mack leaves we will be doing nothing but making a hire who worse (at least in this moment) than Mack.
    sez Prosser when Pete left / sez Thad when Prosser left / sez Sean when Matta left / sez Mack when Miller left .....

just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    sez Prosser when Pete left / sez Thad when Prosser left / sez Sean when Matta left / sez Mack when Miller left .....

just sayin
    The more accurate thing to say is that X will almost certainly be hiring a coach with more question marks / less accomplishment than Chris Mack.

Travis Steele may be an even better coach than Chris Mack — but as of right now, he isn’t in the same universe as Mack is (for very obvious reasons).

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post

just sayin
    That is why I said in that moment of the hiring. We wont be hiring anyone as accomplished as Chris Mack lets say. Not that our next hire couldnt have that potential. But as Caveat said, more question marks for sure.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17