Page 3 of 123 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by throwbackmuskie View Post
    We already have a coach who wants to stay.
    We'll see. An awful lot of "it's a done deal" from people who usually know what is going on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Blooded-05 View Post
    UMASS did
    Lol. They also hired Derek Kellogg and suck at basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I'm not advocating for Kelsey, but I'm not sure what everyone has seen out of Steele that would think he's the logical successor. I'm also not trying to bag on Steele. Just asking the question.
    I don't know much about Steele's coaching to be honest, but what makes it logical to me is recruiting. Bringing in an outside guy runs a higher risk of losing recruits and current players.
    Last edited by Caf; 03-19-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    I don't know much about Steele's coaching to be honest, but what makes it logical is recruiting. Bringing in an outside guy runs a higher risk of losing recruits and current players.
    They're going to lose a lot of recruits regardless of who ends up with the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    For sure. We saw that with Miller, but maybe not current players.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The same things we saw out of Prosser and Miller and Mack that made us think they were the logical successors. It's been a pretty good system to date.
    Correct. But it was somewhat a system of necessity at the time. We didn't do too badly when we grabbed Matta.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Supporting Member
    Not really a loss..the recruits are not high caliber...they can be easily replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Not really a loss..the recruits are not high caliber...they can be easily replaced.
    They aren't the ones you worry about -- it's the loss of the pipelines the staff has built and the kids they're already tracking for classes in the next 2-3 years that are the worry.

Losing a coach absolutely sucks and sets most programs back years.

We'll see. An awful lot of "it's a done deal" from people who usually know what is going on right now.
    I've heard this too. But one source claimed Shaka Smart was a done deal. Please let it be Shaka.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Correct. But it was somewhat a system of necessity at the time. We didn't do too badly when we grabbed Matta.
    True, but there's no similar case to Thad Matta that I'm aware of on the market this year. There are a few lower level guys that I like, but no one I'm as confident in as I was in Thad back in 2000.