Page 55 of 123 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
    Junior
    Put me on *gag* team Kentucky I guess

People feel like X has a right to the final 4. Just because Loyola makes a final 4 or Nevada does shouldn’t piss you off. Those schools will end up sucking or being avg at best for the next 30 years. Talk to VCU, George Mason and even our own Butler. They all made it before X and other then Butler non of them have done much since making it that far. X will get there but it’s going to happen when you least expected it to. I say go Loyola and I hope they win the whole thing.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    People feel like X has a right to the final 4. Just because Loyola makes a final 4 or Nevada does shouldn’t piss you off. Those schools will end up sucking or being avg at best for the next 30 years. Talk to VCU, George Mason and even our own Butler. They all made it before X and other then Butler non of them have done much since making it that far. X will get there but it’s going to happen when you least expected it to. I say go Loyola and I hope they win the whole thing.
    Well, it does piss me off... I will tell you what doesn’t piss me off...those Nevada cheerleaders. Yowza

Give the job to Steele and tell Luke he can have the job in 8 years once Steele leaves then tell the next guy........ Ifwe can’t keep Mack then who the hell is going to stay here? I still think Mack stays and if he does leave I look forward to watching him lead Louisville. I think he will be avg at best, kind of like a skip Prosser at Wake. He will have good years and bad years. But hey you got paid braj!!!!
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Loyola has already won a national title.
    Yeah I kinda forgot that but that was a much different time...that was what 1960? Basketball had barely been invented then :)

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Good post Retire Fifty Tu. I'd have no reason believe you aren't the brains behind the Retire Fifty Tu twitter page handle, and it's one of my favorites to browse for XU takes - so public props to you.

FWIW I don't want Frank Martin. He's a great coach but I'm just a personal fan of that style. Cough cough Mick Cronin.
    It is indeed me from the twitter machine. Don't post on this board a whole lot but am a frequent browser. And I agree wouldn't want Martin. Pretty much none of the current coaches at high major schools would get my interest besides maybe Buzz Williams. I've talked myself into Steele. I'm sold on him.

Let's hire Moser or Musselman. Whoever wins.

Bringing in a new coach means starting at ground zero with recruiting.

You better be damn sure that you’re getting a guy significantly better than what you have in Steele (or even Luke Murray — who i have heard nothing but good things about). Xavier has kept in-house for two straight hires and all they’ve done is build the program to where it is today and land themselves gigs at major programs.

Meanwhile, how has Shaka Smart looked at Texas?

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I don't think it's an automatic Xavier will make the NCAA Tournament next year. Last year, Xavier BARELY made the tournament (last team in), and that was with JP Macura and Trevon Bluiett as juniors, Edmond Sumner for 22 games, Malcolm Bernard, etc.

Next year, we're going to have a bunch of sophmores and juniors with Kaiser Gates, who was probably the most disappointing player this past year.

IF X makes the tournament, it will be a heck of an accomplishment. I have a hard time seeing it though.
    We were not the last team in. We were at worst the 5th to last team in.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Give the job to Steele and tell Luke he can have the job in 8 years once Steele leaves then tell the next guy........ Ifwe can’t keep Mack then who the hell is going to stay here? I still think Mack stays and if he does leave I look forward to watching him lead Louisville. I think he will be avg at best, kind of like a skip Prosser at Wake. He will have good years and bad years. But hey you got paid braj!!!!
    I said earlier to my friend that if Mack leaves I wish him the same success Miller has had at Arizona, Skip had at Wake, and Pete had at UVA. Thad is the outlier here, but even he never reached the promised land. In other words, nothing horrible, but nothing super fantastic either. We'll call it . . . the You Thought You Could Do Better Than Xavier, But What's Good Now? Curse.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!