Page 19 of 123 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Not going to happen but Miller would be a guy who would maybe not leave again. Already knows the grass isnt always greener.
    I had heard that before this stuff hit Arizona that if Mack left Miller was probably the next coach of Xavier again. Miller was ready to leave Arizona after losing to X last year.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Louisville pays 7 million.
    XU Mack gets 3.5 million.

How much money does it take plus no tv and no ACC tv and no post season for 4 seasons for Louisville.

He stays at X.
    1. Louisville not paying 7 mil.
    2. $ 3 to 3.25 seems doable at X.
    3. They could murder a cheerleader at center court and not get a 4 year ban. Probably 2 yrs tops, but that can wreck a program.
    And finally @ $3 mil I would hope he stays.

I'd welcome Miller back if his name gets cleared on this FBI stuff. But, I don't think it'd be smart for either-side to revisit the situation. Rarely do these "homecomings" by coaches work out for the best.

Matta? He's past his "sell by" date, at this point.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    If Mack gets 3 million a year from XU wouldnt that make him the highest paid coach in the Big East? Doesnt Wright get 2.5?

If Mack gets 3 million, Nova better open their check book, think they are going to have a phone call from Wright's agent as soon as it is a done deal if Mack stays.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    1. Louisville not paying 7 mil.
    2. $ 3 to 3.25 seems doable at X.
    3. They could murder a cheerleader at center court and not get a 4 year ban. Probably 2 yrs tops, but that can wreck a program.
    And finally @ $3 mil I would hope he stays.
    To add to this and what I have heard:

1.) Louisville paying probably 4 maybe 5 depending on the coach.

3.) Doubt they even get two...maybe one. The ones who think this is going to wreck the program are completely delusional. It may set them back a year or two, but it is Louisville.....they are about as close to a blue blood or even could be considered a blue blood. They will be fine.

Whether anyone wants to believe it here or not, Louisville is a bigger job and program than Xavier..much bigger...it all comes down to if Mack wants the money, pressures and scrutiny that come along with that, and it also being the #1 sports team in town....some coaches want that, some don't...we will see what Mack wants in a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    To add to this and what I have heard:

1.) Louisville paying probably 4 maybe 5 depending on the coach.

3.) Doubt they even get two...maybe one. The ones who think this is going to wreck the program are completely delusional. It may set them back a year or two, but it is Louisville.....they are about as close to a blue blood or even could be considered a blue blood. They will be fine.

Whether anyone wants to believe it here or not, Louisville is a bigger job and program than Xavier..much bigger...it all comes down to if Mack wants the money, pressures and scrutiny that come along with that, and it also being the #1 sports team in town....some coaches want that, some don't...we will see what Mack wants in a couple of weeks.
    The issue isn't "will it wreck the program" -- that's absurd, given Louisville's resources and reputation as a basketball school.

The issue is whether or not the alums and boosters in Louisville will recognize that it *will* result in the program taking a step back for a few seasons and give whoever comes in the opportunity to get the house in order and return things to normal.

I知 sure Sean can speak to the stress and scrutiny that comes with a job like that as well. This was a long time ago, but there was a point where Mack was getting fed up with the fanbases criticisms of him. It would be 100x worse at Louisville. Some think the stress is worth the money, but others are happier with a cushier job.

If any candidates for the Louisville job asks "who exactly will I be reporting to? and who will they be reporting to? and what will the future role be of the person who works with me to put together my contract?" They won't be able to answer that. Just saying.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Sophomore
    There's a decent possibility that Louisville's recruiting practices could net it a one- or two-year ban from NCAA.

There's also a very decent possibility that Xavier's recruiting - have you even thought about the team that will be on the court next year?!? - will net it a one- or two-year absence from the NCAA.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by muethibp View Post
    There's a decent possibility that Louisville's recruiting practices could net it a one- or two-year ban from NCAA.

There's also a very decent possibility that Xavier's recruiting - have you even thought about the team that will be on the court next year?!? - will net it a one- or two-year absence from the NCAA.
    One potentially bad class wont keep X out of the tourney for 1 or 2 years if the class after it is a good one. Especially considering the class in front of it.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17