Page 32 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=22859856

Goodman says that he believes Mack is likely the top target and who they ultimately get. This really concerns me since Mack and Goodman are good friends.

It’s all about money and that’s it. If Mack leaves I wish him the best. I look forward to watching him tell the next X coach don’t ever leave X and then watching Mack get fired in Louisville. I mean I doubt he is going to be the coach that stops the trend of Ex-X coaches leaving and wish they didn’t. I think if he does leave he should get Xavier fans his house for free that he just built. We can make it the official HQ of XH.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    I am confused by some of the replies here...citing Mack’s weak recruiting class for next year as a reason that it’s ok if he leaves...geez.

I think Mack is a top 10-15 coach in the country. I hope he stays. I’ll be bummed if he leaves...but I’m not going to freak because X has a track record of hiring the right replacement.

Maybe I’m just being the guy that’s too positive...but I’d rather not read people banging on Mack after everything he’s done for X. Whether fair or not. If he goes, X will be fine. Thank him for everything he’s done and wish him well.
    Aligned, except the wish him well part. I’ll laugh as I watch Louisville collapse just like I did with OSU and Zona

Is it possible that he is doing all of this for show and seeing how much he truly is loved here? And if we all say please stay Mr Mack!!!! He will stay? I say by the majority of post he is gone if that’s the case.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Junior
    Is it possible that he is doing all of this for show and seeing how much he truly is loved here?
    Mack never struck me as that type of narcissist.

Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    Aligned, except the wish him well part. I’ll laugh as I watch Louisville collapse just like I did with OSU and Zona
    Again, Matta did get tOSU to the Nat championship game. I want Mack to stay, but I think we’d all trade a few “down” years for a F4 and Nat champ appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Louisville AD saying in his press conference it they want it wrapped up by end of month and may take next 7-10 days. I feel like that is at least a positive sign. I cant imagine he would be saying that time frame if he knew he already had Mack locked up. Doesnt mean its not Mack but makes me think its not a done deal.
    Nah — they probably just didn’t expect Mack to be available this early and hadn’t gotten the negotiations started.

Mack is in Priceline “name your own price” territory here, given that he already has a job he probably likes well enough and he’s so clearly the #1 target for Louisville.

If love = dollars, then maybe. We may not have to match, just show a great effort to compete. THAT is my prayer!

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    Nah — they probably just didn’t expect Mack to be available this early and hadn’t gotten the negotiations started.

Mack is in Priceline “name your own price” territory here, given that he already has a job he probably likes well enough and he’s so clearly the #1 target for Louisville.
    I cant imagine the talks with Mack's agent wait until now or even a few days ago.

I also cant imagine if they want Mack and Mack wants to go if the price is right, that it wont be a donw deal by Friday. Cant imagine Mack wants this lingering over his head, his families, or even XU's. If it is Mack it wont take 7-10 days.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    Mack never struck me as that type of narcissist.
    I don't think it necessarily has to do with that. If I were Mack and I 100% knew I wanted to stay, I would absolutely take all the attention Louisville was willing to give me. Then, I would leverage it into an enormous pay raise. And then I would declare that I am staying for the foreseeable future (for recruiting purposes).

Then if another blue blood comes open and wants to hire me in 3-4 years, I would do it all over again. Every time he visits one of these big schools about a job opening, XU realizes what they have and they up his pay. It would almost be a little silly for him not to do it.

As a fan, I hate it. but, from a business standpoint it makes total sense.
    Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football and Xavier Basketball.........Doesn't get much better than that.