Page 30 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Yeah I don’t want to keep our mark few. F@&$ mark few. I want to keep a coach that is going to put NC banners in the rafters. Last time I checkd Mr. FEW HAS ZERO!. If they think Mack is that guy then pay the man otherwise let’s move on and do it quick. I’m so sick of this crap every year.
    Hypothetically if we could match whatever Louisville offers, it still wouldn't make the decision one way or the other for Mack. There are much bigger things to consider than money at this point in my opinion. It is a completely different lifestyle to consider....Mack has to decide if the juice is worth the squeeze....is the added pressure, scrutiny, media obligations etc etc etc worth being coach at one of the biggest programs in the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Bingo. We'll be viewed as a stepping stone for a while if we can't retain a hometown alum as our head coach, and I think that wouldn't particularly help things out, however at the end of the day Xavier has to be an attractive job to most people. We run a pretty clean program (sans the Sumner loan, yet we don't even know what's going on with that yet), our players are great guys on and off the court, we have a culture of winning, and a great arena in Cintas. Basketball is king here, and you don't even have to compete with football, I'm sure a lot of guys would love to be here. I'd love for us to retain Mack, for branding and longevity, but I think if we didn't go the Steele route, we'd make a pretty successful hire with a good name. I just need this all to be over soon so we can start prepping for next year.
    Agreed just rip off the bandaid and let’s see if the scab stays on the skin or leaves. That’s great that we won the Big East but who cares about regular season awards. I want real awards. You think Nova wishes they had won the regular season Beast? Hell no because they want the real championship.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

It’s a process, how quick people forget Villanova losing early. You win big conferences or advance but a program needs to do both. We are progressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior
    BITD, I remember that Villanova's 1-in, 4-out offense was...maybe not controversial, but definitely frequently commented on. Now it seems like almost everyone runs that way, looking for 3-point shots and making space for cuts for layups.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    You think Nova wishes they had won the regular season Beast?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    BITD, I remember that Villanova's 1-in, 4-out offense was...maybe not controversial, but definitely frequently commented on. Now it seems like almost everyone runs that way, looking for 3-point shots and making space for cuts for layups.
    Jay was ahead of his time for sure.
    Run the table.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Yes.
    Yes definitely. They've said as much. Not instead of a national championship but a big east championship was very important to them.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

You guys are all over the place.
    Next thing I'll be hearing is that Sister Rose is a Bene Gesserit Reverend Mother.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Louisville AD presser at 5:30. Can't imagine it's more than we're exploring all options presser.
    Run the table.

I am confused by some of the replies here...citing Mack’s weak recruiting class for next year as a reason that it’s ok if he leaves...geez.

I think Mack is a top 10-15 coach in the country. I hope he stays. I’ll be bummed if he leaves...but I’m not going to freak because X has a track record of hiring the right replacement.

Maybe I’m just being the guy that’s too positive...but I’d rather not read people banging on Mack after everything he’s done for X. Whether fair or not. If he goes, X will be fine. Thank him for everything he’s done and wish him well.