Page 25 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Does anyone know the Venmo account for Xavier Men's basketball!?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Junior
    I always find it comically amusing how we as fans track flights, restaurant stops, and the like to try to ascertain what's going with these job openings. I'd be terribly bummed if Mack left, but if one simply take a step back and looks at how we over-analyze every single detail it's pretty fantastic. We awkwardly stalk these coaches more than a middle school boy does the hot high school senior girl.
    zip em up

Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    I always find it comically amusing how we as fans track flights, restaurant stops, and the like to try to ascertain what's going with these job openings. I'd be terribly bummed if Mack left, but if one simply take a step back and looks at how we over-analyze every single detail it's pretty fantastic. We awkwardly stalk these coaches more than a middle school boy does the hot high school senior girl.
    Mostly because the fortunes or successes of entire programs often rise and fall on who happens to be at the helm.

No team is really immune -- one bad hire can send things into a tailspin.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Here's the Enquirer's Xavier "beat writer" less than an hour after the final buzzer slapping Cincinnati basketball in the face. Pretty much all you need to know. The Enquirer decided they didn't, or couldn't, care about covering Xavier the second they replaced Shannon Russell with this goon. Garbage in, garbage out.
    FC Cincinnati is a huge deal whether Xavier fans want to acknowledge that or not.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    Mostly because the fortunes or successes of entire programs often rise and fall on who happens to be at the helm.

No team is really immune -- one bad hire can send things into a tailspin.
    Oh no, I understand why programs obsess like this. It’s just slightly silly looking at it from the outside. It’s our own miniature espn/Brett favre retirement saga.
    zip em up

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    FC Cincinnati is a huge deal whether Xavier fans want to acknowledge that or not.
    Xavier alum who doesn't live in Cincinnati or its surrounding area here . It really isn't.
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Xavier alum who doesn't live in Cincinnati or its surrounding area here . It really isn't.
    Outside Cincinnati metro? Sure.

Inside Cincinnati metro? FC Cincinnati is a massive deal. I see more people walking around in FCC gear these days than any other local sports, outside of *maybe* the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Big deal or not, it's obvious this guy's passion is with FCC and that's where he puts his focus. That's why he tweeted that, and that's why there's no reporting on Mack.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Big deal or not, it's obvious this guy's passion is with FCC and that's where he puts his focus. That's why he tweeted that, and that's why there's no reporting on Mack.
    More than likely there is no reporting going on about Mack because no one is willing to go on the record (or even speak on background) about what is going on right now.

There will be a press conference today at 3P to discuss the future of David Padgett.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook