Page 9 of 123 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Not saying I'd want him, but I'm surprised so many recoil at the idea of Pat Kelsey. Obviously Winthrop is a challenge to recruit to, but he always seemed like someone on the track to being a big head coach.
    I just think he's stagnated a bit. I would have liked to have seen what he could have done at UMess.

If you want to see what a big time coach does at Winthrop, check out Gregg Marshall's tenure there.

Quote Originally Posted by XU3232 View Post
    Travis Steele would be our next head coach if Mack leaves.. I don't even think it's close.
    This is where I'm at. I think if Luke Murray had a few more years under his belt, he'd be a strong candidate too (based on what I've heard from people being extremely high on him as a recruiter and as a communicator), but I think he's just too green to go with over Travis.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I just think he's stagnated a bit. I would have liked to have seen what he could have done at UMess.

If you want to see what a big time coach does at Winthrop, check out Gregg Marshall's tenure there.
    With Pat leaving coaching all together for a while during his assistant tenure at X, and last year leaving the UMass job after a day, I think one could question if he would be able to handle a higher pressure job.

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Wow, chill. A report on the FBI probe named a former X player for something that allegedly happened on Mack’s watch. That is a fact. To think that hasn’t tarnished the perception of Mack, at least to some degree, is flat out stupid. There is nothing disgraceful with someone making that point, and that’s all he did. Pull your panties out of your butt dorkball, and grow up a bit. You’re dealing with adults here.
    Public and private reps for the use of the word dorkball.

This thread is super depressing.

If Coach Mack leaves, I don't think there's any doubt we go with Travis Steele. Bringing in someone from the outside just doesn't seem like the Xavier (or right) thing to do. We have a certain culture and it would be an absolutely shame if that left with a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post

Marshall is ovepaid, and rides that run to the final 4 well. There is a reason no one takes a strong run at him and he is still in Whicita. No disrespect, but Whicita isn’t exactly a place anyone says they want to spend their career.

Having spent more and more time in Louisville this year, I can't image anymore agreeing to move there. Louisville makes Cincinnati look like New York!

Multiple shots fired, on multiple fronts.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Marshall is ovepaid, and rides that run to the final 4 well. There is a reason no one takes a strong run at him and he is still in Whicita. No disrespect, but Whicita isn’t exactly a place anyone says they want to spend their career.
    I mean, Alabama just offered him $4 million two or three years ago. So, okay. His name has come up in pretty much every opening since then, too. Since the 2013 run to the Final Four, the Shockers have won 6 additional NCAA Tournament games, including easy wins over Kansas, Arizona, and Indiana.

Maybe he's overpaid, but if so it's because ALL those guys are overpaid. He's earning his keep as well as anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 200 View Post
    Having spent more and more time in Louisville this year, I can't image anymore agreeing to move there. Louisville makes Cincinnati look like New York!
    I'm a native, so I'm biased, but Louisville 100 times out of 100 over Cincy.