Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heartbroken

Heartbroken

There’s no other words. God bless, everybody.
    Run the table.

THIS is the appropriate response in my opinion.

Do any of you have a clue what Tre and JP and the others have put into this? The complaining and whining should stop immediately! Hell, how much have YOU contributed compared to what our players have?
    Last edited by xu82; 03-19-2018 at 12:00 AM.

Junior
    Heartbroken is NOT the right term. Extreme disappointment yes. Heartbroken is when someone dies, even a pet. This aint that. What is this? This is the big time. And with the big time comes big disappointment when things don't work out like we EXPECT. I am pissed and disappointed but I am not heartbroken. November can't get here fast enough!
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    THIS is the appropriate response in my opinion.

Do any of you have a clue what Tre and JP and the others have put into this? The complaining and whining should stop immediately! Hell, how much have YOU contributed compared to what our players have?
    Come on — nobody can deny the hard work they put in.

But that doesn’t insulate them from the fact that they were dropped out of the tournament on the opening weekend twice when holding top seeds. Their legacy as Muskateers will be defined by that. And anyone is lying if they say this loss won’t be the first thing they think of when/if Tre’s jersey gets retired every time they look up in the rafters.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post

But that doesn’t insulate them from the fact that they were dropped out of the tournament on the opening weekend twice when holding top seeds. Their legacy as Muskateers will be defined by that. And anyone is lying if they say this loss won’t be the first thing they think of when/if Tre’s jersey gets retired every time they look up in the rafters.
    They took an 11 seed into the elite 8 last year. You seem to just want to focus on the negative.

And NO, this loss will be far from the first thing I think of when Tre’s jersey goes up - I will remember his terrific career.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    They took an 11 seed into the elite 8 last year. You seem to just want to focus on the negative.

And NO, this loss will be far from the first thing I think of when Tre’s jersey goes up - I will remember his terrific career.
    Tried to Rep but the man... #5 will rightfully hang from the rafters of the 'Tas for evermore. Despite his last game he was a GIANT of XU hoops history and will be remembered as a key kog of elevating us to the real big time. I will miss seeing #5 (and #55) forever. But damn I enjoyed him while he was here.
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by KabeX View Post
    Heartbroken is NOT the right term. Extreme disappointment yes. Heartbroken is when someone dies, even a pet. This aint that. What is this? This is the big time. And with the big time comes big disappointment when things don't work out like we EXPECT. I am pissed and disappointed but I am not heartbroken. November can't get here fast enough!
    We had a few recent deaths, then a health scare with my Golden retriever. If I had to choose, I’ll take my best fluffy friend over this win.

But this does hurt like hell. We went through this whole year where we just found a way to win games that looked like losses. We had a great record, but we could have lost far more games than we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post

Is that what you think of when you think of David West? The first thing that comes to mind is his final team getting bounced by Maryland? I understand this stings, but out of the mouths of babes is how I will judge this event. My 10-year old cried uncontrollably for an hour after the game because of his love for this team and players and the fact he won't see JP or Tre in an X uniform ever again. If that isn't heartbroken, I don't know what is. I'm heartbroken, disappointed, mad, and many other emotioons I can't put into words right now. I'm heartbroken for the players who put so much of their heart and soul into this and it just wasn't meant to be. This sucks.

Sophomore
    Just got 2 hours sleep in Conn. Thinking of the players walking down the runway to locker room with Sister Rose trailing. Thinking of Sean bucking up JP with arm around him. Karem in tears..Tre walking like a zombie knowing what happened. I am devastated but know how much they put into it. God bless them all and the Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by mohr5150 View Post
    Is that what you think of when you think of David West? The first thing that comes to mind is his final team getting bounced by Maryland? I understand this stings, but out of the mouths of babes is how I will judge this event. My 10-year old cried uncontrollably for an hour after the game because of his love for this team and players and the fact he won't see JP or Tre in an X uniform ever again. If that isn't heartbroken, I don't know what is. I'm heartbroken, disappointed, mad, and many other emotioons I can't put into words right now. I'm heartbroken for the players who put so much of their heart and soul into this and it just wasn't meant to be. This sucks.
    No offense to Mr. West, but circumstances were different then. There were no expectations on the program like there are now — they didn’t enter the tournament as, in the minds of the selection committee, one of the top-4 teams in the country.

When I think of Tre, I’ll think of a great player that shrunk when the lights got bright.