Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heartbroken

Also, David West was the best player on the floor in his last game. He just didn't have enough help. Not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Also, David West was the best player on the floor in his last game. He just didn't have enough help. Not the same.
    That team had no one besides West, Sato, and Chalmers. The ONLY two guys off the bench were Will Caudle and Keith Jackson, and they barely played.

in 5-10 years, we will all look back at the legacy of Tre/JP and remember they lead us to 2 of the best regular seasons we've ever had. They both, rightfully so, will go down as legends.

But...you can try to act as politically correct on this message board as you want. To the crowd who is saying that they won't look back at these years as "what could have been", you're lying to yourself.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    in 5-10 years, we will all look back at the legacy of Tre/JP and remember they lead us to 2 of the best regular seasons we've ever had. They both, rightfully so, will go down as legends.

And one of the best post seasons we’ve had. Beating Miller in the sweet 16 was awesome, and a heck of a run. Point remains, though.

Walk-On
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    That team had no one besides West, Sato, and Chalmers. The ONLY two guys off the bench were Will Caudle and Keith Jackson, and they barely played.
    This is a great point and actually shows just how far X has come since then. We've had a solid starting 5 and decent bench for years now.

I'm not heartbroken or angry about last night's loss or how it ended. I took the Cage/Doellman exit much harder for some reason. That was also pre-kids, so I tended to live/die on my sports teams much more than I do now.

I'm definitely bummed because team 96 was crazy fun to watch and their potential was amazing. But, college basketball is all about matchups and X tended to struggle against athletic teams and teams with great guard play. The turnovers just killed us in the end.

I won't look back and think what could have been. This is a single elimination tournament and sh*t happens like last night. This was a truly epic group of seniors and getting to the elite is 8 is something that is extremely difficult even for much larger programs. Yes, I wanted a FF this year and an NC. But it wasn't in the cards and I think we've all seen that this year's tourney has been flipping crazy.

I particularly enjoyed this group and this era of Xavier basketball. And with a large question mark still looming, it's tough to not to wonder if that is the end to something really special. Seeing them go out like that was more upsetting than the fact of being out of the tournament. We'll always have that 2016-17 run. It's funny that if the results of the last 2 years were swapped, the feeling would be so different.
    Last edited by SemajParlor; 03-19-2018 at 10:20 AM.
    Run the table.

My mom had surgery on Tuesday to remove melanoma from her scalp. The surgeon also did a biopsy of her lymph nodes to see if the cancer had spread. She called me sobbing in relief Saturday afternoon to let me know she is cancer free. Really put things in perspective for me. I understand everyone's disappointment...but in the grand scheme of things, its a game and its entertainment. I got the W that mattered most on Saturday afternoon. I will look back fondly on this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    My mom had surgery on Tuesday to remove melanoma from her scalp. The surgeon also did a biopsy of her lymph nodes to see if the cancer had spread. She called me sobbing in relief Saturday afternoon to let me know she is cancer free. Really put things in perspective for me. I understand everyone's disappointment...but in the grand scheme of things, its a game and its entertainment. I got the W that mattered most on Saturday afternoon. I will look back fondly on this season.
    Glad to hear your mom got great news!
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    No offense to Mr. West, but circumstances were different then. There were no expectations on the program like there are now — they didn’t enter the tournament as, in the minds of the selection committee, one of the top-4 teams in the country.

When I think of Tre, I’ll think of a great player that shrunk when the lights got bright.
    When the lights got bright THIS YEAR. Certainly not last year. You could argue he was the best player in the tourney last year.

Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    When the lights got bright THIS YEAR. Certainly not last year. You could argue he was the best player in the tourney last year.
    They were playing with house money last year -- the underdog in every game they walked into.

This year and in 2016, when there were actual expectations attached to the team? They folded like a cheap suit.