Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Fine, go be a Providence fan. Better yet, go be a Patriots fan and complain if they don’t win the Super Bowl. You play 30+ games - you’re going to have some stinkers. I can’t believe to complaining! I get disappointment, but calm the hell down with the anger! Did you run suicides with these guys for the last 4 years? I feel for our players who are hurting right now. Period.
    Go take your meds.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Go take your meds.
    I’m disappointed, for sure. But I won’t go into full meltdown as some people apparently are. This sucked for sure, but I feel more for the players than I do for whiney fans. If someone needs meds, it’s not me. At least not for this! :-)
    Last edited by xu82; 03-19-2018 at 12:42 AM.

It really boils down to this . . . don't tell others how to be a fan - especially upon the death of season that could've had a special ending. We lost. It sucks. Our best player looked like a space cadet for the second time in two weeks, and our second best player was getting screwed up one side and down the other by the three guys the NCAA calls referees. I'm sure the team is hurting. Honestly, I hope they are because for the young guys it means they can use the failure to learn since it is the best teacher. But this? Again? We heard all of this after Providence and here we are again. It felt like How to Lose a Game in One Half The Sequel: Enter the Referees.

Fans are told to chip in with their wallets. They're told to come to games and cheer loud because they make a difference. They're told to buy tickets to away games because it matters to the conference. They're told to watch on tv because it matters to the conference. You can play without fans, yes. You can even play without passionate fans. The Reds do it year after year. But, that support, especially monetarily, is important. Cintas isn't notoriously tough to play in because of the announcer or because the pretzels are stale. It's because of the fans, and one way or the other Chris Mack, the guys on the team, the University, they need us as much as we need them to enjoy college basketball.

No one is done with the team. No one is saying that guys should be put in front of a firing squad when they return. No one is burning shirts. No one is saying that tomorrow is not another day, and that in the grand scheme of things this doesn't really matter. We know. But, let us have tonight. Let us mourn what could've been. Frankly, I think we're a pretty fantastic fan base for a school of our size, and I think we've earned the right to go through our seven stages and come out on the other side in October ready to cheer them on again.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

Mourning is appropriate and healthy. No question about that. Criticism and attacks are not appropriate. No one mourns more than our seniors. My thoughts and prayers are with them. We are all obviously enormously disappointed.
    Last edited by xu82; 03-19-2018 at 12:57 AM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Mourning is appropriate and healthy. No question about that. Criticism and attacks are not appropriates. No one mourns more than our seniors. My thoughts and prayers are with them. We are all obviously enormously disappointed.
    Agree completely that attacks are not appropriate but I think it is ok to criticize as long as it isn’t venomous.

Quote Originally Posted by XUBob View Post
    Agree completely that attacks are not appropriate but I think it is ok to criticize as long as it isn’t venomous.
    It’s real life, and it’s ok within reason for sure, but I know that NOBODY is hurting more than our players. It may be fair game, but I won’t be kicking them now. It just sucks.

On a side note, I didn’t win the lottery either. X had a better chance of winning it all, but that’s life...

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Fact is elite teams don’t lose like this. It sucks but until X learns to put the hammer down we just won’t be a consistent top program.
    North Carolina, the 2017 National Champions, and a school with five national Championships before that one, that has had about 6,000 McDonalds All-Americans play there...they got beat by 21 tonight by Texas A&M.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    North Carolina, the 2017 National Champions, and a school with five national Championships before that one, that has had about 6,000 McDonalds All-Americans play there...they got beat by 21 tonight by Texas A&M.
    When you have banners hanging from the rafters, you get a pass every now and then.

I'll take UNC's success that you mention and the 21 point loss over losing again in the second round with no final four or National Championship banners hanging in our rafters. Knowing you've done and will do it again, soothes a lot.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

Forget it, the silly people don’t want to hear about facts. Remember the powerhouse Xavier was back when UNC started winning all those early Championships? Villanova was crapping the bed at Tourney Time not too long ago. It’s a processs. Will we get there? Time will tell, but I’m not pissing on them now after a terrific season and an unfortunate loss.
    Last edited by xu82; 03-19-2018 at 01:25 AM.