Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    This incoming class isn't going to help. We'd probably be disappointed with this class if we were still in the A10. But hey, maybe we get a diamond in the rough or two who turn out to be all-timers. Wishful thinking? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Fact is elite teams don’t lose like this. It sucks but until X learns to put the hammer down we just won’t be a consistent top program.

To the naysayers, the future is bright. Scruggs and Marshall are studs. They are Macura and Bluiett, you just don’t see it yet. You need theses two but you group good role players around them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely love Naji and Scruggs and think they will be tremendous players. Scruggs really came on down the stretch and Naji was obviously great throughout.

But let's be realistic -- let's say those guys are seniors and X is a #2 seed. Showing up to the Elite 8 game with X's core against #1 Duke with 5 first round picks is bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    The point above is dead-on — even now we don’t recruit the kind of studs you need to really “reload.”
    The next opportunity like this might be ages away.
    C'mon man....we have studs in the making.....Q and AGENT ZERO as SENIORS with NAJ and SCRUGGS one year back feels pretty studdly to me.....GO X!!!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

They looked like lost kids in an airport when they had to play without Tre & JP tonight.

I don’t see it. At all.
    Would you rather follow Dayton? Top 5 team at the end of the regular season. A #1 seed. One bad game and we’re all pissed off. Shit happens. Villanova will tell you this. Only ONE team wins each year. I know this SUCKS, but the whining is pathetic. What do you want to do? Fire Mack? Go find a new team to follow? It’s up to you.....

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Would you rather follow Dayton? Top 5 team at the end of the regular season. A #1 seed. One bad game and we’re all pissed off. Shit happens. Villanova will tell you this. Only ONE team wins each year. I know this SUCKS, but the whining is pathetic. What do you want to do? Fire Mack? Go find a new team to follow? It’s up to you.....
    I’d like the team to stop having “one bad game” every March when it matters most. I want to attend one Final Four in my lifetime. I’m to the point where I don’t even care if they win a title — just one time I’d like to see what the final weekend feels like.

No worries The KID from XENIA , Samari Curtis, is going to blow up the circuit this summer and become all the rage in '19!!!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-19-2018 at 12:02 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Fact is elite teams don’t lose like this. It sucks but until X learns to put the hammer down we just won’t be a consistent top program.
    Lol! I don't see this happening. That takes a certain type of player and more importantly, philosophy. I agree with you wholeheartedly, but two of our top players, one of whom was an ice cold killer at the end of games, once used the word "gangsta" in a press conference and there was so much pearl clutching and reflection sessioning that it nearly derailed a season.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    One bad game? Did you not watch the Providence game?

I’d like the team to stop having “one bad game” every March when it matters most. I want to attend one Final Four in my lifetime. I’m to the point where I don’t even care if they win a title — just one time I’d like to see what the final weekend feels like.
    There are 350+ teams, and all but ONE end with an unhappy result. I went into this knowing each game is a toss up. This sucked, but it was not unforeseeable. You go cold, you get a few bad calls, a few bad bounces.....shit happens. Getting to the FF is as much about fate as talent and coaching. They all factor in.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    One bad game? Did you not watch the Providence game?
    Fine, go be a Providence fan. Better yet, go be a Patriots fan and complain if they don’t win the Super Bowl. You play 30+ games - you’re going to have some stinkers. I can’t believe the complaining! I get disappointment, but calm the hell down with the anger! Did you run suicides with these guys for the last 4 years? I feel for our players who are hurting right now. Period.
    Last edited by xu82; 03-19-2018 at 12:24 AM.