Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Nashville Court

The floor in Nashville apparently is sitting on top of an ice rink. I've seen a few players slip on it. FSU had a player go down last night.

We had better not loose some of our talent to flooring.

I'm sure Nashville has been a success to the NCAA, but playing these games over ice appears to be problematic.
    X A V I E R

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Playing on floors like that isn't unique to Nashville - that was also the case when Xavier played at Georgetown, Providence, Seton Hall and MSG for the Big East Tournament. Tomorrow will also be interesting with temps likely climbing into the 60s during the day tomorrow.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Just looked for an update on Terance Mann for FSU who might be their best player. He injured his groin twice last night the last time slipping on the court. IS questionable for Sunday. Has to see how it progresses and feels.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Thoughts on Nashville- nice arena, but for hockey. Great bar at section 210. The PA announcer is terrible- keeps saying the wrong things. The person who runs the alternate possession arrow is incompetent. Good bars outside the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Thoughts on Nashville- nice arena, but for hockey. Great bar at section 210. The PA announcer is terrible- keeps saying the wrong things. The person who runs the alternate possession arrow is incompetent. Good bars outside the arena.
    Wait! Is that open to everyone? I didn’t see any places selling adult beverages, but I occasionally saw people walking around with beers. I assumed they were in a private section or suite somewhere...

I'm assuming every NCAA tournament venue outside of the Final Four football stadiums has ice.

UD Arena is the only exception that jumps out - but does anyone really want to play there?

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Taco Bell Arena (Boise) - NO
    Intrust Bank Arena (Wichita) - Maybe; ask GoMuskies
    Viejas Arena (San Diego) - NO

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Pretty sure the tournaments are dry. I,saw chillers,with beer but they weren’t selling any

Quote Originally Posted by letskeepitreal View Post
    Pretty sure the tournaments are dry. I,saw chillers,with beer but they weren’t selling any
    That’s what I assumed, but there WERE people walking around with cans of beer. Not too many, but they were coming from somewhere. Is it some “club seat” in the 200’s with special perks?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    That’s what I assumed, but there WERE people walking around with cans of beer. Not too many, but they were coming from somewhere. Is it some “club seat” in the 200’s with special perks?
    There was a bar behind section 112 that was open to the public but you couldn’t leave with a drink. I grabbed a few drinks between the X and Mizzou game.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack