Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    The Alamo is underwhelming anyway. There’s no bike in the basement....
    I tried to rep this comment, but I need to spread some love around evidently - will someone hook Strange Brew up for me?
    zip em up

I bet most everyone who is sort of bashing the team/players has more than once this season praised them.
    This hurts like hell. It hurts Mack and the team more.

I can think of all kinds of things I wish they had done in the last 5 minutes, but they didn't.

But what good does it do to bash some young men who have given us such wonderful memories this year.
    They tried, and came up short. We all wanted to go further this year, to finally bust down the door.
    We didn't. We'll try again. And hopefully enjoy the ride.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Have had several phone calls already talking about the game with fellow X fans. As I told them I’m not surprised by the outcome, we saw this pattern all year. It would be different if this was the first time we blew leads but really that is the story of our whole season. X was fortunate for most of the season that the ball usually bounced our way. I agree with Caveat this you can’t label this a great year. If you are a number one seed the second weekend should be a given. Looking at the team in the first half when Tre, JP & Kanter we’re out doesn’t give me a lot of hope for next year. That group was ugly. All that being said I’ll still be back at Cintas rooting hard for the X-Men. Even in frustration they deserve my support.

Any thoughts on FSU player leaving the bench early with 2.8 seconds left to celebrate? 6 guys on the court. Administrative Tecnical foul?

Regardless of happens from here on out coaches are class acts. Jus listened to Mike Pegues on 700, he was crushed and crying and loves his kids. Then turn on CBS Sports and listen to Chris. What a class guy. He may have been whatever in his day at X but he is class. Takes the questions, answers honestly and doesn’t make excuses. Says he told the team he loves them and if this is the worst thing in life they will live a good life. Guy may move on but he is a xavier ambassador. Then tells some bitch that if she thinks Xavier is falling off a cliff she hasn’t followed Xavier basketball very long. He was pissed at the last question . Brought up David West and Byron Larkin.

The lights too bright for X AND THE BIG EAST....Pathetic shit storm for the conference AGAIN in this tournament. Really hurts any claims of legitimacy going into next year.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I bet most everyone who is sort of bashing the team/players has more than once this season praised them.
    This hurts like hell. It hurts Mack and the team more.

I can think of all kinds of things I wish they had done in the last 5 minutes, but they didn't.

But what good does it do to bash some young men who have given us such wonderful memories this year.
    They tried, and came up short. We all wanted to go further this year, to finally bust down the door.
    We didn't. We'll try again. And hopefully enjoy the ride.
    A voice of reason on a tough evening.

Yes: we are still on an upward trajectory; I am taking the long view here. One year does not ruin anything. There is no doubt that they did not achieve what they should have achieved, but the program overall will march forward.
    X A V I E R

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew's Crew View Post
    Soo, you're judging him on losing to the best team in basketball in the last 5 years, and two losses in 9 years?

And we are just ignoring the Sweet 16s, Elite 8 run, BE reg season championship, significantly improved recruiting, his connection to the fans and the city, etc.?

If you have been "thinking this for a long time", I would love to know what other things you think about.
    We have had coaches do the exact same thing you just mentioned.sweet 16s, elite e8s, conference championships, improved recruting..yeah wasn't the big east, but they won conference championships they were in and won tourney championships too.

You can be upset when mack leaves, just saying I don't think the impact in the end will matter much...it will immediately because recruiting was absolute crap this year, but after 2-3 years, be back to where we are now.

Oh and x will always be a stepping stone job to a top 10 program which Louisville is whether you all believe it or not, until x goes to some final fours and wins a championship...mack staying or leaving doesn't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    The lights too bright for X AND THE BIG EAST....Pathetic shit storm for the conference AGAIN in this tournament. Really hurts any claims of legitimacy going into next year.
    Lol. Conference was so illegitimate that it was awarded two 1 seeds.

People need to stop worrying about the BE perception. The only group that counts, the selection committee, looks upon the league highly. You can get to the top from the BE. The rest is up to X.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    A voice of reason on a tough evening.

Yes: we are still on an upward trajectory; I am taking the long view here. One year does not ruin anything. There is no doubt that they did not achieve what they should have achieved, but the program overall will march forward.
    The most talented, highest ranked team in school history just flopped in the opening weekend of the tournament.

I’m tired of talking about trajectories and process. When do we start talking about banners and nets being cut?