Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Honestly haven't felt such doubt for Mack since the Orlando Thanksgiving tournament the Crawford year.

Felt like the whole program slept through the last 5 minutes. And I absolutely HATE auto-benching guys with 2 or 4 fouls depending on the half.
    I totally agree with this. You can:

1. Bench them for 5 minutes and then put them in and hope they don't foul.

OR

2. Just leave them in and hope they don't foul. Either way, you will have them on the court the exact same amount of time (in theory).

I understand that a guy w four fouls can't play defense as aggressively, but when it's JP or Goodin, who are critical to our success, I don't understand it. Lappas was talking like it was some kind of rule in basketball that a player with four fouls can't come back in until the media timeout under 4.
    Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football and Xavier Basketball.........Doesn't get much better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Play of the game JP had a clear steal that would have been an easy bucket but they call his 4th foul. Game over.
    Yup. That was the moment.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    If not now, when?
    I don't know. FSU sucks. That's hard to comprehend losing to those guys.

Xavier had two colossal meltdowns in the span of a week and a half, against Providence and now FSU.

I understand the thought of putting JP in sooner but he wound have just picked up the final foul sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I love this team! But we just didn’t have the talent and discipline needed to go to a Final Four.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    Dont cry because it's over, smile because it happened. A good almost great 4 years by this overachieving team. I am not going to throw anyone under the bus. The missed foul shots came back to haunt us.
    What the fuck is this overachieving nonsense? Editorialize the talent all you want on this team, this group had a god damn 2 seed and a 1 seed and didn't make the second weekend either time. That is a failure, and I'm one of the most positive guys around here, just ask X Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    This isn't the year to ask that question, really. This team isn't nearly as good as the '08 and '16 teams. Just won some more close games along the way to get rated higher. We'll have more talented teams.
    I asked the same question in ‘16 too.

Next year looks like another round of rebuilding. At least lowered expectations will make the next failure easier to take — but it doesn’t change the inevitable feeing of failure.

Mack and Mick will be fighting over the Louisville job tomorrow

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Why the fuck is the grad transfer from Milwaukee dominating the shots over the three-time first teamer? Unbelievable collapse. It was like Blueit didn't even want the ball sometimes.

Trying to keep perspective. That team brought a lot of joy from November until twenty minutes ago. Trying not to let those twenty minutes ruin it.

Tre has to be better; can’t have a Wooden Award Semi Finalist disappear like he did in so many games this year. But Tre, great career. Enjoyed the quick release for four year.

Going to miss watching JP. Once in a lifetime type guy.

Kerem, wish we had more time.

Next year’s team is going to be good, need a shooter though.