Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    Lol you guys are a bunch of morons.
    Run the table.

She asked if it was "the end of an era."

I thought his first answer was fine..."not a question to ask me." But as he went on I think things became more a question of "are you staying with this team?" He was evasive, as he could have easily stated we start a fresh team every year and will do so next season.

Sounded like a guy to me. There was a gal asking questions before that, but that last question was from a guy.

Bummed out.

It's really hard to win 4 games in this tournament...much less 5 or 6. And there's never been a season where being a #1 seed meant less as an indicator of dominance. Every computer sim had FSU being within about 5 points of Xavier...that's only two measly baskets...about a 1-in-3 chance to win the game. This wasn't any type of insane upset.

If Marshall isn't hurt, or if JP doesn't get a series of bad whistles, they win the game easily. It's not as if they got their asses beat. They played hard.

The #3 rank and #1 tournament seed is still worth a lot. 350ish schools in D1, and maybe only 5 or so will have accomplished more than this team did.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Sounded like a guy to me. There was a gal asking questions before that, but that last question was from a guy.
    Sounded like a really young male. Maybe even a high school/college kid. Not sure how easy/hard a press credential is for this event.

And I didn't find Mack's answer remotely evasive. There was no there there. It was a stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    It's not really revisionist history on luck or overachieving. Advanced metrics told us this all year long. We hoped they were wrong, but deep down we probably mostly knew they weren't. Great season, great results, but I don't think anyone who's watched this team and is being honest with themselves can say they're really surprised by tonight's result.
    They were between 10-15 for most of the season in both KenPom and Sagarin. Those are two distinct rating systems that believed they were overachieving as far as record. So yea...this is a legit point.

They really should have won the game. They were in position.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    They were between 10-15 for most of the season in both KenPom and Sagarin. Those are two distinct rating systems that believed they were overachieving as far as record. So yea...this is a legit point.
    Even if they would have been seeded as ranked, they still should have won this game and moved on to the next round. You can’t say “oh, they were lucky and overseeded” as a justification for underperforming in this instance.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Lol you guys are a bunch of morons.
    This is the truest statement posted on this board tonight.
    zip em up

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    Even if they would have been seeded as ranked, they still should have won this game and moved on to the next round. You can’t say “oh, they were lucky and overseeded” as a justification for underperforming in this instance.
    I agree that is a team we should have beaten. Then life happens.