Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Chris is class act. The last question was a joke.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1jMKgqyymgMJL
    Yeah, Mack handled that really well. Who was that tool that asked the question?

Maybe some CHAMPION will rub off of BIG Jake Walter for X next year.....COV CATH KY STATE CHAMPS!!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Maybe some CHAMPION will rub off of BIG Jake Walter for X next year.....COV CATH KY STATE CHAMPS!!
    I hope so but big Jake is a project at best. Of course we've done rather well with projects over the years. Man I'm still pissed.
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post

I can think of all kinds of things I wish they had done in the last 5 minutes, but they didn't.

But what good does it do to bash some young men who have given us such wonderful memories this year.
    They tried, and came up short.
    The players may have come up short... but to me the coaches were much the reason why they came up short. How many times have we seen double digit leads turn into no lead at all? Where the team looks so much better and then gets sloppy and almost losses a game(or does lose one). The last one was against Providence in the BE tournament. You would think a wise coach would learn and have his team focused and playing smart. Call a TO when Tre messed up the first time... not wait until his team makes so many mistakes that they are playing form behind.

Honestly... Mack's comments at halftime weren't encouraging that this staff was concerned at all ... Mack acted like his team was fine... only the fouls were an issue... but clearly that was not the case.. No sense of focus or urgency at the end. He thought his team was ready... he overlooked real problems... those problems caused them to lose.

People can spin it how they want, but this team was much better than they finished - They were better than FS.. Yet they again didn't finish strong... Mack did a beautiful job in the post pressed saying he "wished he could have done more" and then pointed out the shortcomings of what happened on the floor. Coaching and preparation (or lack their of) really had as much to do with this loss (if not more) than poor play on the court and poor officiating.

To me that is what is most disappointing.

Does anyone think a Jay Wright coaches Villanova team would ever blow a 12 point lead?

Mack doesn't deserve all of the blame but he certainly deserves his fair share of the blame for not having his team better prepared to close out games this season... including this last one.
    Last edited by IM4X; 03-19-2018 at 12:03 AM.

Pat Brennan

I have never ever disliked a sports reporter more than this ass hat.Tweeting about some lame ass soccer team moments after that type of game. Blatantly anti-X coverage. Haven’t paid for the Enquirer since they canned Shannon and I’ll sure as shit not pay for it again until they get ride of him.
    Mom and Papa told me "Son, you gotta go to school; only way to make the fam'ly proud."
    I paid no attention, left my books at home, rather play my music real loud.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    The players may have come up short... but to me the coaches were much the reason why they came up short. How many times have we seen double digit leads turn into no lead at all... where the team looks so much better then gets sloppy and almost losses a game(or does lose one). The last one was against Providence in the BE tournament. A great coaches needs to have his team focused and playing smart. Call a TO when Tre messed up the first time... not wait until His team mistakes so many mistakes that they are playing form behind.

Honestly... Mack's comments at halftime weren't encouraging that this staff was concerned at all ... Mack acted like his team was fine... only the fouls were an issue... but clearly that was not the case.. Nonsense of urgency at the end. He thought his team was ready... he overlooked real problems... those problems caused them to lose.

People can spin it how they want... but this team was much better than they finished - They were better than FS.. Yet they again didn't finish strong... it seems like Mack did a beautiful job of saying he wished he could have done more and then pointed out the shortcomings of what happened on the floor. Coaching and lack of preparation (or lack their of) really had as much to do with this loss if not more than poor play on the court and poor officiating.

Does
    anyone thing Jay's Villanova would ever blow a 12 point lead?
    Point taken...but let's not cite Jay Wright when it comes to losing early as a high seed.

Jay Wright gets a pass because he won a title. Mack is awesome, proud of the guys, this was a bad out but avoidable which makes it harder to swallow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Villanove evolved and grew to be what they are today.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    The players may have come up short... but to me the coaches were much the reason why they came up short. How many times have we seen double digit leads turn into no lead at all... where the team looks so much better then gets sloppy and almost losses a game(or does lose one). The last one was against Providence in the BE tournament. A great coaches needs to have his team focused and playing smart. Call a TO when Tre messed up the first time... not wait until His team mistakes so many mistakes that they are playing form behind.

Honestly... Mack's comments at halftime weren't encouraging that this staff was concerned at all ... Mack acted like his team was fine... only the fouls were an issue... but clearly that was not the case.. Nonsense of urgency at the end. He thought his team was ready... he overlooked real problems... those problems caused them to lose.

People can spin it how they want... but this team was much better than they finished - They were better than FS.. Yet they again didn't finish strong... it seems like Mack did a beautiful job of saying he wished he could have done more and then pointed out the shortcomings of what happened on the floor. Coaching and lack of preparation (or lack their of) really had as much to do with this loss if not more than poor play on the court and poor officiating.

Does
    anyone thing Jay's Villanova would ever blow a 12 point lead?
    They were fine. JP had a clear block, foul, 2 points, JP had a clear steal, 2 points for Xavier, but instead 4 fouls. If not for those two calls, Xavier wins. Not blaming the refs but that cost them the game. Anyone disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    They were fine. JP had a clear block, foul, 2 points, JP had a clear steal, 2 points for Xavier, but instead 4 fouls. If not for those two calls, Xavier wins. Not blaming the refs but that cost them the game. Anyone disagree?
    The refs didn’t cost Xavier the game.

The #2 scorer in the history of the program playing like a walk-on cost Xavier the game.