Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The ace of cakes is Duff Goldman.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

I still can't believe it... Dude was cramping up so bad he was sitting on the floor licking salt from what looked like one of those cheddar peanut butter crackers with like 8 min to go, and leads them to stretching out a 20 point margin. What the hell happened?

He threw up a three point tear drop after a whistle, and splashed it... Everything falling... Wow just wow

This team lost by 40 or 50 to Albany earlier this year. WHAT THE HELL

Quote Originally Posted by X-ceptional View Post
    This team lost by 40 or 50 to Albany earlier this year. WHAT THE HELL
    They scored 39 pts in a full game. Literally less than a point a minute and beat a one seed. It is gross what we just saw

Virginia just got an old-fashioned butt-whoopin. The were dominated on the boards, allowed UMBC to shoot 54% from the field and 50% from the 3-point line. In the meantime, HooU could throw it the ocean (18% from the three-point line). Three starters essentially gave them nothing.

That's how a #1 goes down. Good for UMBC.

Strange things happening in the South with UMBC and Buffalo. I hope that both of those teams win their next game and meet each other. Then one of them will be in the Elite 8 and playing for the Final Four.

Creighton has to be kicking themselves by missing such a great opportunity.

They will talk about this game every year until another 16 seed does it again, and that could be a year or two.

The 16 beating a 1 was always destiny. It was going to happen. What sped up the process is the play in games. We already had seen some very good #2 seeds. The play in games eliminate the worst 2 16 seeds, and that pushed teams that would normally have been 15 seeds into the 16 bracket. UMBC would have been a 15 seed in the old system by definition, the worst 4 16 seeds go the play in route. So no long ago this would have been a 15 over a 2 upset, not a 16. It makes a real difference. It may be awhile until we see a 16 seed win coming out of the play in games.

Which brings me to another question.

We played a team with a losing record tonight and scored 102 points. UVA played a team that won 24 games. They were the #1 of #1 seeds, and we were the 4th of #1 seeds. Nobody has raised the question yet, because nobody thought it would ever make a difference, but how come Kansas gets Penn and Virginia gets UMBC. They would have both been 15 seeds in the old system. Now if Virginia comes out now and says they were screwed by the selection committee, they would be called out for vaginal pain violations. But I can say it, Virginia was screwed by the selection committee.

What a game for the ages.

UC has to be chomping at the bit.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

My first reaction to this is just to think of the last 15 years of sports that I've been alive for and can remember vividly, and I'm going out on a limb here, but I believe we are in the best era of sports currently. Think of all the athletes around in every single sport for the last 15 years, and tell me there isn't one per sport that can be argued as the greatest ever. Tom Brady, LeBron James, Tiger Woods, Michael Phelps, Messi, etc. We are truly blessed with what is going on in the sports world currently, and I think that speaks volumes for itself. Don't want to take anything away from UMBC, congratulations Receivers, you truly earned it by playing one helluva game, but man. This is an awesome time to be alive.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Strange things happening in the South with UMBC and Buffalo. I hope that both of those teams win their next game and meet each other. Then one of them will be in the Elite 8 and playing for the Final Four.

Creighton has to be kicking themselves by missing such a great opportunity.

They will talk about this game every year until another 16 seed does it again, and that could be a year or two.

The 16 beating a 1 was always destiny. It was going to happen. What sped up the process is the play in games. We already had seen some very good #2 seeds. The play in games eliminate the worst 2 16 seeds, and that pushed teams that would normally have been 15 seeds into the 16 bracket. UMBC would have been a 15 seed in the old system by definition, the worst 4 16 seeds go the play in route. So no long ago this would have been a 15 over a 2 upset, not a 16. It makes a real difference. It may be awhile until we see a 16 seed win coming out of the play in games.

Which brings me to another question.

We played a team with a losing record tonight and scored 102 points. UVA played a team that won 24 games. They were the #1 of #1 seeds, and we were the 4th of #1 seeds. Nobody has raised the question yet, because nobody thought it would ever make a difference, but how come Kansas gets Penn and Virginia gets UMBC. They would have both been 15 seeds in the old system. Now if Virginia comes out now and says they were screwed by the selection committee, they would be called out for vaginal pain violations. But I can say it, Virginia was screwed by the selection committee.

What a game for the ages.

UC has to be chomping at the bit.

No argument with your assessment, except that UVA was not screwed. They should have crushed UMBC, whether they were a 16 or a 15. UVA was the #1 overall team for a reason, and they got whipped... by UMBC. There’s no asterisk on this.

*champing at the bit.

UMBC = App State.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.