Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Yes, stunning upset!! The NCAA Tourney is the most exciting sporting event going but it is a "one and done" format with too many teams. That said, it is flawed and open to crowning a "National Champion" that is not the BEST TEAM in the country. UK or UC will make the F4. And if they should win it all, would anyone, other than their fan base, recognize either as the best team nationally? Of course not, they would simply be winners of a tournament.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-17-2018 at 08:15 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Yes, stunning upset!! The NCAA Tourney is the most exciting sporting event going but it is a "one and done" format with too many teams. That said, it is flawed and open to crowning a "National Champion" that is not the BEST TEAM in the country. UK or UC will make the F4. And if they should win it all, would anyone, other than their fan base, recognize either as the best team nationally? Of course not, they would simply be winners of a tournament.
    I would not be surprised to see Nevada take out UC.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Strange things happening in the South with UMBC and Buffalo. I hope that both of those teams win their next game and meet each other. Then one of them will be in the Elite 8 and playing for the Final Four.

Creighton has to be kicking themselves by missing such a great opportunity.

They will talk about this game every year until another 16 seed does it again, and that could be a year or two.

The 16 beating a 1 was always destiny. It was going to happen. What sped up the process is the play in games. We already had seen some very good #2 seeds. The play in games eliminate the worst 2 16 seeds, and that pushed teams that would normally have been 15 seeds into the 16 bracket. UMBC would have been a 15 seed in the old system by definition, the worst 4 16 seeds go the play in route. So no long ago this would have been a 15 over a 2 upset, not a 16. It makes a real difference. It may be awhile until we see a 16 seed win coming out of the play in games.

Which brings me to another question.

We played a team with a losing record tonight and scored 102 points. UVA played a team that won 24 games. They were the #1 of #1 seeds, and we were the 4th of #1 seeds. Nobody has raised the question yet, because nobody thought it would ever make a difference, but how come Kansas gets Penn and Virginia gets UMBC. They would have both been 15 seeds in the old system. Now if Virginia comes out now and says they were screwed by the selection committee, they would be called out for vaginal pain violations. But I can say it, Virginia was screwed by the selection committee.

What a game for the ages.

UC has to be chomping at the bit.
    This isn’t gonna sound fair, but the answer is travel. One of the 16 v 16 games has to be on Wednesday, and I think they just wanted to put the winner of that game into the closest Friday spot that was available. In looking how they’ve done it in the past they’ve never seemed to favor the overall #1.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    This gives Kentucky a free ride to the Elite 8, until they run into the Loyola Ramblers!!
    And possibly UC to the Final Four. Of course, they do have to get past Nevada first, and then Kentucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    And possibly UC to the Final Four. Of course, they do have to get past Nevada first, and then Kentucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think UC will also have to play Tennessee. They are no slouch.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    This isn’t gonna sound fair, but the answer is travel. One of the 16 v 16 games has to be on Wednesday, and I think they just wanted to put the winner of that game into the closest Friday spot that was available. In looking how they’ve done it in the past they’ve never seemed to favor the overall #1.
    Virginia created their own path because they had their choice of regions and they picked the one that included UMBC.

Junior
    As cool as it was to see- All I could think about was how it makes UC run that much easier. They have to be feeling great today.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    Virginia created their own path because they had their choice of regions and they picked the one that included UMBC.
    UMBC's inclusion in the South was just a coincidence. They always start from the top on down on rhe seed list - hence the South Region for Virginia. If you were to seed the 16s solely by geography, they would have sent UMBC to Pittsburgh and Penn to Charlotte (and then sent Radford to Wichita and Texas Southern to Nashville). Instead, they sent Radford on a short trip to Pittsburgh for a Thursday opener and Texas Southern did go to Nashville for the Friday opener.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    I think UC will also have to play Tennessee. They are no slouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    As cool as it was to see- All I could think about was how it makes UC run that much easier. They have to be feeling great today.
    In some ways, yes. But a potential regional final in Cat-lanta that involves either UC-UK or Tennessee-UK is going to be off the charts.

Freshman
    University Maryland Baltimore County. Is that correct. Kudos to them and more kudos. They have now won 25 games this year. They just SLAMMED the #1 team in the country by 20 Pts. I-ve been ill & barely struggled thru XU game before quickly heading to bed. There was nothing left to watch anyhow.
    UMBC deserves their 2 days of fame before getting beat Sunday. They already deserve a spot in College Basketball Hall of Fame. How about UK getting an easy ride right now