Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: March Madness

If someone was going to get beat by Nova last night...it should have be us.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Congrats to Nova, they were dominant. Non conference games this year: 19-0. Closest margin of victory was 8 against Western Kentucky. 2016/2018 NCAA tournaments: 12-0 against the spread! Jay Wright is a boss.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Who are they losing? Brunson, Bridges, Spellman? I hope so...

DiVincenzo came off the bench and just dominated tonight.
    Kind of crazy that West Virginia and Texas Tech were the only ones remotely competitive with Nova in the NCAA Tournament.

I think John Beilein is a great coach who gets the most out of his players in a very unique style. They have been achieving really well in the tournament since he's been the Michigan coach. But to think Michigan didn't have to beat a top 5 team to get to the final sort of shows how Nova got a great matchup for them. Michigan just got by their opponents, so it wasn't like they were a dominant team. Nova is clearly dominant, but also Michigan never really had a chance over the full 40 minutes.

If college basketball does what they did in the NIT with making the lane and the three point line more like international basketball, there is a chance that Nova wouldn't have such a strong threat with those three point shots. Of course, they had to make them, but lots of people are arguing that where the line is now is too easy for lots of shooters.

Leave the 3 point line where it is. The offense is back in College Basketball and the games are more exciting without the old clogged lane slugfests.
    I love watching Big East games this year. Let 'em heave.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Leave the 3 point line where it is. The offense is back in College Basketball and the games are more exciting without the old clogged lane slugfests.
    I love watching Big East games this year. Let 'em heave.
    Also helps that Golden State kind of created a revolution with spacing the floor and having a bunch of shooters, Nova took that blueprint to the T and successfully implemented it in their run, hell even Marshall runs an offense like that, which is how they knocked off Witchita State. I don't see a bunch of kids chucking from 3 stopping anytime soon. I sure as hell hope they do learn how to break a damn 2-3 zone though, most frustrating thing to watch in the tournament.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    ... But to think Michigan didn't have to beat a top 5 team to get to the final sort of shows how Nova got a great matchup for them. Michigan just got by their opponents, so it wasn't like they were a dominant team....
    Do you think the tournament should be re-seeded between rounds? Or at least re-seeded at sweet 16 and Final four? Not sure it would have made much difference in the final four. You'd just have had Nova crush Kansas in the championship rather than in the FF.

Quote Originally Posted by dethwing View Post
    Do you think the tournament should be re-seeded between rounds? Or at least re-seeded at sweet 16 and Final four? Not sure it would have made much difference in the final four. You'd just have had Nova crush Kansas in the championship rather than in the FF.
    No. That's part of the fun and what allows everyone an actual shot at getting there.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Also helps that Golden State kind of created a revolution with spacing the floor and having a bunch of shooters, Nova took that blueprint to the T .
    I think Nova was doing that a long time ago. In the "old Big East" I remember they would often play four guards and one big.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I think Nova was doing that a long time ago. In the "old Big East" I remember they would often play four guards and one big.
    To be honest, I couldn't remember the Scottie Reynolds days from Nova, even watching them in the "old Big East", I always knew they had tough guards, but unfortunately not enough space in my brain to remember how they played, but regardless, it's watching poetry in motion