Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If Blueitt came to X for money, then why is he still here? He could have left any year, gone overseas and made pretty darn good money playing for a European league team, while still honing his skills for a run at the NBA. We’ve spent to much time already discussing what a talking head from ESPN (or any of the networks) thinks about anything to do with X. Ignore them. If after 30 years of excellence and a history of beating “bigger”schools on a regular basis X hasn’t earned their respect, it’s probsbly never going to happen.

Here is what I would love to see happen.........Xavier has won the championship. Jay Bilas walks up to Coach Mack and asks a question. It matters not what the question is. Mack replies with "You don't need me to answer that. Why don't you just make up something like everyone else at ESPN does?" and then he turns and walks away.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Here is what I would love to see happen.........Xavier has won the championship. Jay Bilas walks up to Coach Mack and asks a question. It matters not what the question is. Mack replies with "You don't need me to answer that. Why don't you just make up something like everyone else at ESPN does?" and then he turns and walks away.
    That would be great. If I cared two shits about ESPN, I would make that my ringtone or something...but that means I would have to delete the fight song. I guess it's 'or something'.
    I only drink to steady my nerves. Sometimes I'm so steady I don't move for months. W. C. Fields

To quote the great Jack Fogarty I may be wrong but it seems to me Dakich being an IU guy primarily that the implication was TB was not deemed good enough for IU--nothing more or less.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    To quote the great Jack Fogarty I may be wrong but it seems to me Dakich being an IU guy primarily that the implication was TB was not deemed good enough for IU--nothing more or less.
    If that is true then I can't help but laugh.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Sophomore
    I didn't hear the audio, but I think we may be reading too much into it. Those aren't the type of accusations made in throwaways, especially by former coaches. That is a major accusation if it is, and I just don't think it'd happen like that. I also don't see his parents as the type that would get mixed up in that sort of recruiting.

Sophomore
    To shed more light on this, Dakich was interim coach when Sampson was fired. He told Crawford to hit the road. And Crawford left for X. I think because of that he thinks X is dirty.He's maybe the most conceited person in media. And that's saying something. He's convinced all of the media in Indy are morons except him. Most won't speak to him. He WAS insinuating something illegal went on. He's a big time asshole. That's why he fits in so well at ESPN. Oh, and his best buddy is that f*cking idiot Seth Greenberg.

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    Those aren't the type of accusations made in throwaways, especially by former coaches.
    For Dakich, throwaway accusations and snide comments are not outside the realm of possibility. He's a straight-up jackass and also one of those people that can't seem to imagine why a highly rated recruit would go to Xavier unless he was paid.

He is probably the most despised commentator in college basketball for a reason. I just asked my friend (a Pitt fan, poor bastard) what he thought with no context when he heard the name Dan Dakich. His response was to laugh and sum the guy up in one word: "Dick."

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    Yeah, that's how I interpreted it.
    I think Jesus would be a left handed player. - Kenny Anderson

Freshman
    To think, not long ago our team was a bunch of plucky over-achievers who always graduated, our coaches were clean-cut straight arrows, and our fans were friendly people who were happy to be included. Now our team is a cocky bunch of front-runners, our coach has a chip on his shoulder, and our fans are classless and arrogant. Oh, and we pay our players. Go figure.