Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Freshman

Nashville!

My wife and I and our 2 year old son have a hotel in downtown at the Hyatt Place. A half mile from the arena. My question is what time does XU play and when will they make this announcement? Is it smart to buy all session tickets or just 1 session tickets? Thanks in advance!! See ALL of you down there. Today IS like Christmas!!!

I’ll be there, and I’m very interested in ticket info. Any suggestions? I usually just go through StubHub and pay through the nose. This is special so I hope for some decent seats.
    Last edited by xu82; 03-11-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Junior
    Just buy your session, you can get Sunday tickets Friday night. Take a credit card with a high limit. Hotel prices in Nashville are higher than Chicago. Parking downtown town is high also. But, it's great city to party in.

Seeing as X is playing a PIG team, does that mean there's a higher chance of the night session Friday?

Tip off is 7:20

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Just buy your session, you can get Sunday tickets Friday night. Take a credit card with a high limit. Hotel prices in Nashville are higher than Chicago. Parking downtown town is high also. But, it's great city to party in.

Hotels are indeed expensive. I’m there a lot. We had a function there recently and I had family stay at the Hampton Inn by Vanderbilt. There are several others nearby. It’s only about an $8-10 Uber Ride into town, and the hotels are much cheaper. Not cheap, but cheaper. It would cost more to park than to Uber.

If you have no budget issues, or just want to stop in for a drink, the Hermitage right downtown is very nice. Right around the arena is honky tonk area, lots of loud, mostly country music. It’s fun, but for me it gets old after a bit. To escape I recommend The Gulch, which is a cool area a bit of a walk or a very short Uber ride. It’s a college town and Uber coverage is awesome!

I’m fired up about this!

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Tip off is 7:20

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    And we are the early game! I think the next one is 9:50?

Junior
    BTW, Nashville on Central time.

Hotel recommendation.....unless you really want to be downtown, look south on I65 around the Brentwood or Franklin areas. You will find they are less expensive, there are plenty of places to eat around them, they are great areas of town, and only about 20 minutes from the Arena. If you are staying for the weekend there are lots and lots of things to do too!

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Hotel recommendation.....unless you really want to be downtown, look south on I65 around the Brentwood or Franklin areas. You will find they are less expensive, there are plenty of places to eat around them, they are great areas of town, and only about 20 minutes from the Arena. If you are staying for the weekend there are lots and lots of things to do too!
    Agreed, also a nice area just a little farther out to the south. Some very nice newer hotels. I think I shopped a Hilton Garden Inn for an event. It was fresh, clean and affordable. Multiple options that way. If we were to move to Nashville, I’d look around Brentwood. The good news is, going in to town on a Friday afternoon/evening, you’re going against traffic and it’s not bad. (Getting out would suck at rush hour.)