Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Why and says who (I mean besides you)?
    Every coach of every team I have ever seen in the exact same situation. When is the last time you saw Mack or any coach put the last 5 guys on the bench in when the other team had all their starters still in and are pressing?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    That’s fine and dandy. But if Tre was in with 3 minutes left up 20 and got hurt I’d be pissed that Mack didn’t pull him. Couldn’t care less if opposing team still had starters in or not, season would be over either way.
    Amen! Or JP or some others. We go 3 deep at center, another minute or two to close it out isn’t betting on the lottery to solve your retirement issues.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Every coach of every team I have ever seen in the exact same situation. When is the last time you saw Mack or any coach put the last 5 guys on the bench in when the other team had all their starters still in and are pressing?
    Fair enough. So how about the why?
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I am CONVERTED! I am now a pro-shenanigans kinda guy! You could be a “shenanigans missionary”.
    That's because our shenanigans are cheeky and fun!

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    That's because our shenanigans are cheeky and fun!
    It helped to know that a post-shenanigans press conference would be a bad idea. Live and learn! We are fun and cheeky kinda guys, for the most part.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Fair enough. So how about the why?
    That is a question for the coaches. My guesses are they are competitive and dont want to see their team get embarrassed at any point in the game even when the outcome is decided. Maybe they dont want a bad ending carrying over? Not quite sure, could be other reasons I am not aware of.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I wouldn't touch Chris Mack with a ten foot pole if I was Louisville. His players are out of control and he runs a renegade program that seems to have little to no regard for his opponents. Pass on him..
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    I find no fault anywhere here. Sean dunked. They got pissed. Tempers flared. No one was hurt.

It’s sports. This happens.
    Yes on level of significance. We got a tough game tomorrow.

I thought I saw Mack waive them off as the ball came over half court, and was surprised Sean would dunk with the clock about to expire. That's rubbin their nose in it, and about the only thread of dignity left in a horrible weird season for these players. Why do we do this when there are bigger fish to fry.

I thought the one clear lesson from The Fight was, don't push a stick in the hive at the end of a blowout. I don't like the 'tude at all because it's distracting, and motivational to the next team.

That gangsta thing did not go well the last time. We're really good. Just play and don't get suckered.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post

I thought I saw Mack waive them off as the ball came over half court, and was surprised Sean would dunk with the clock about to expire. That's rubbin their nose in it, and about the only thread of dignity left in a horrible weird season for these players. Why do we do this when there are bigger fish to fry.

I thought the one clear lesson from The Fight was, don't push a stick in the hive at the end of a blowout. I don't like the 'tude at all because it's distracting, and motivational to the next team.

That gangsta thing did not go well the last time. We're really good. Just play and don't get suckered.
    The shot clock was going off before the game clock, and Sean was standing under the basket with the ball alone since they blew the defense despite pressing on all previous recent possessions. If you want to rub it in, put the ball on the floor and walk away waiting for the shot clock to go off. That might piss them off even more. Is THAT what you’d want? Should he hand SJU the ball? You don’t let the shot clock go off while they are still pressing. THAT is on Mullins.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post

Or, and I don't think this is earth-shattering, losers should get mentally tough so they're no so easily riled up by, you know, losing. Bashir has a problem. He's a loser who doesn't handle losing well, and now everyone knows just how weak he is. Xavier isn't responsible for their opponents' lack of mental health. The cure for getting zipped up is easy. . .make more buckets than X.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!