Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    I think Mr Oats might have just got hired by Louisville.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Yikes 7 players asking for releases from Pitt, I don't see how any coach in the country would want that job right now, it's gonna take years to rebuild that program at this rate, it's almost like they got a death penalty.

I saw an article about Tom Crean taking the Georgia job.

Apparently Georgia hired a consulting team and they inquired about our own Chris Mack, but he declined.

I thought it was funny.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ia-basketball/

Sources told CBS Sports that a search firm working on behalf of Georgia initially inquired about Xavier's Chris Mack
    Tell me that isn't funny.

I fear losing Chris Mack. I grow to like him more and more each year. I love the calm and cool under pressure Chris Mack.

The thought that he would pass up other jobs and take the Georgia job? Now that makes me laugh. We may well lose him, but not to Georgia.

Perhaps I am not being nice, and if you hired a brilliant consultant and his first instinct was to inquire about Mack, maybe he is just doing due diligence by starting with the best prospect out there.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

I was surprised to see Crean will earn more than $3 million per year. That's nuts.

Lorenzo Romar to Pepperdine, leaving as assistant coach at Arizona.

Danny Hurley is apparently getting (and taking) the UConn gig.

Just read another report that he's actually spoken to both Pitt AND UConn, so the bidding for his services may still be ongoing.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 03-19-2018 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Lorenzo Romar to Pepperdine, leaving as assistant coach at Arizona.
    IIRC Pepperdine was his 1st gig.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    IIRC Pepperdine was his 1st gig.
    Good memory. I looked it up, and he spent three years there before going to SLU. I could never figure out why he was a rising star, and looking again I still can't figure it out. He didn't have that much success at Pepperdine before he got the SLU gig, and he was very mediocre at SLU before Washington hired him. They apparently knew what they were doing, though, because he had a nice run at U-Dub for a decade...until he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Danny Hurley is apparently getting (and taking) the UConn gig.

Just read another report that he's actually spoken to both Pitt AND UConn, so the bidding for his services may still be ongoing.
    I'd think Hurley would choose UConn over Pitt, I think UConn is in a better place than Pitt is even if it's in the AAC, just from a pure basketball standpoint. Though if you can turn Pitt around in the next few years, you can basically guarantee a job anywhere in the country that you want after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    I saw an article about Tom Crean taking the Georgia job.

Apparently Georgia hired a consulting team and they inquired about our own Chris Mack, but he declined.

I thought it was funny.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ia-basketball/

Tell me that isn't funny.

I fear losing Chris Mack. I grow to like him more and more each year. I love the calm and cool under pressure Chris Mack.

The thought that he would pass up other jobs and take the Georgia job? Now that makes me laugh. We may well lose him, but not to Georgia.

Perhaps I am not being nice, and if you hired a brilliant consultant and his first instinct was to inquire about Mack, maybe he is just doing due diligence by starting with the best prospect out there.
    Cant blame them for trying. The search firms loves those billable hours tho. They probably inquired about Coach K too.