Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar

2018 Selection Show

This is the first year Turner will be airing the Selection Show. Apparently someone told them it would be a good idea to reveal all 68 teams in the field BEFORE unveiling the bracket itself.

Get set for another bracket leak this year!

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    This is the first year Turner will be airing the Selection Show. Apparently someone told them it would be a good idea to reveal all 68 teams in the field BEFORE unveiling the bracket itself.

Get set for another bracket leak this year!
    So what, that is what they are going to do? Reveal all the teams in it first then show the seedings and pairings?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    So what, that is what they are going to do? Reveal all the teams in it first then show the seedings and pairings?
    Correct.

xu95

I actually like that change. Get the suspense out of the way.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xu95 View Post
    Correct.

xu95
    So they will do that at the beginning of the show? Just have a list of all the teams in? Then proceed? I'm not sure I get the point of that. I guess we will see, maybe it will be better?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    it is still going to suck...it is still two hours long with way too much overblown who gives a crap analysis from people who claim to be experts. If Turner gave a shit, which we know they don't, they would limit it to a half hour show and they could save the bs analysis from people who want to torture themselves thru that after.

If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

As of today I think this is the dumbest idea yet. 30 mins is all it should be and reveal the teams one by one. I love the suspense. I will obviously see how this goes, maybe I will like it. I mean we already know X is in.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    As of today I think this is the dumbest idea yet. 30 mins is all it should be and reveal the teams one by one. I love the suspense. I will obviously see how this goes, maybe I will like it. I mean we already know X is in.
    No painful wait till the final bracket this year.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Classic "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"...

What was better than the 1 hour show where they reveal each bracket one by one, with a commercial in between? I love the suspense of listening to Greg Gumbel as the names flip over onto the bracket.

Now we get 2 hours and we get a list beforehand and then we go through the brackets blah blah blah. Stop messing with it. It was so perfect a few years ago.