Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I

YTG shows his class yet again

I really don't care what Little Micky thinks about anything, but he proved once again what a first class tool he really is with his comments in the Enquirer today. Here is what he said: "Nobody plays harder than Houston and Wichita State. Nobody. Now, Xavier's got a great team. They beat us bad (89-76 on Dec. 2). But as far as playing hard, they (Wichita State) play really hard. Today made us a better team."

I guess the take-away here is that Xavier is so much better that Wichita State that they can beat the crap out of Micky's Bearkitties, without even trying, while Wichita State has to play really hard to barely squeak past his team. Somehow I don't think that was what Micky was trying to say, but that is what his words suggest. I guess he should be really thrilled to not be in the Beast where teams are so much better that they can crush his team without even trying very hard. What a fool!
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

The guy just isn't very smart. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    The guy just isn't very smart. Seriously.
    He thinks he is smart, but god damn is he stupid. You can tell by the way that he just says shit and he expects people to believe him or buy into it but anyone with half a brain (not UC fans) can see how dumb he is.

Sophomore
    Eh. He’s trying to be magnanimous and do the right thing. Don’t be too hard on him - he hasn’t had the practice, it’s hard for him.

In context, I don’t really think he was trying to be a jerk to Xavier. And his point that Xavier is a “great team” - which he said - because of talent as opposed to say overwhelming intensity, I’d say he’s not wrong about that.

I'm assuming YTG was commenting after their win over Wichita.
    I'm trying hard to imagine Chris Mack bringing Cincinnati into his discussion of our team after a win over anyone else.
    Why would you do that?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I love Mick. I hope he stays at UC for a very very long time. UC fans mostly agree, which makes it a great match. I don’t mind X gifting them a win or two each decade to keep him around either.

Sophomore
    Again, in context I think he could hear himself excluding the team that beat UC by the most and how that might sound. Some corners of this board would have been howling about that: “oh, sure, Wichita plays the hardest?!? You weren’t even in the X game.” And so trying to compliment X - which he did - while still trying to say those teams played UC really hard.

Why are we still examining and parsing every public utterance containing a reference to Xavier for some imaginary slight?

Xavier is on the top of the college basketball world. The negative preoccupation with what Cronin said/inferred in these otherwise glorious moments is just ......I’m searching for the right word, about a dozen come to mind.

It’s a great time to be a Xavier fan. Let’s luxuriate in our joy and stop searching for reasons to get a mad on.
    Last edited by Emp; 03-06-2018 at 06:56 AM.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Well he is correct......Xavier only had to play hard for the 1st 10 minutes. After that UC was playing hard just to try and catch up....LOL.

Can’t imagine why anyone really cares what he says or pays any attention.......most of the UC fans I know don’t even care.

I think a UC fan on local radio said it best yesterday. He really enjoyed an intense game start to finish. Said the Xavier game is like that for about 10
    Minutes but then they usually start just celebrating after that.