Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    NOAA now predicts 4-10 inches of snow Wednesday and Wednesday night. Stay tuned.
    Hoping my 9 am arrival beats the snow.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by xu95 View Post
    Maybe G-Town because Ewing seems to know how to coach, but not St. Johns. They win in spite of their coach.

xu95
    Definitely no love lost for Mullin on this board. I assume much of comes from how poorly they have done in the past. If that changes and they continue to make the huge improvement they have made of late (with a few exceptions - and that happens in the BE) I wonder if that perception will change.

In any case, he must be a good recruiter, hire great assistants (who will probably not stick around long), good practice coach/game planner or one helluva fundraiser (which, I suspect is the real reason he is there).

If he keeps his players, will they not continue to win and improve despite him?
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Definitely no love lost for Mullin on this board. I assume much of comes from how poorly they have done in the past. If that changes and they continue to make the huge improvement they have made of late (with a few exceptions - and that happens in the BE) I wonder if that perception will change.

In any case, he must be a good recruiter, hire great assistants (who will probably not stick around long), good practice coach/game planner or one helluva fundraiser (which, I suspect is the real reason he is there).

I think many have the impression that St. John's has improved in spite of Mullin's coaching. I have no idea what his recruiting looks like after Ponds, Lovett, and Co., leave.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

They will definitely continue to win despite him, but they won't be near the top of the Big East. You can only get so far with talent. I was responding to the post that St. Johns would be contending for the Big East title next year. I can't see that happening with Mullins at the helm.

xu95

Quote Originally Posted by xu95 View Post
    I was responding to the post that St. Johns would be contending for the Big East title next year. I can't see that happening with Mullins at the helm.
    I am predicting IF PONDS RETURNS they will be pre season BE 1 or 2, depending on Nova and where Brunson, Bridges, Spellman play next year. Ponds, Lovett, Simon, Clark, Owens can win 10 BE games with me coaching.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Regardless of who we play Thursday, it will be far more difficult than our first round game in the NCAA tourney. In fact, I see the Thursday game as a sneek peek into next years Big East. BOTH GU AND SJU will contend for the reg season championship IF their rosters remain intact. Love to see Ponds, Derrickson and Govan stay.
    Of course it will be more difficult we are going to be playing a 16 seed (most likely) 15 at worst in the first round.
    Last edited by D-West & PO-Z; 03-06-2018 at 10:56 AM.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar

I think its a bad look for him when every time in the huddle an assistant coach is drawing up the plays and talking to the players as Mullin looks on with a bewildered look. I am sure that doesnt help the perception of him being a bad coach.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Can Marquette 2018 pull a Xavier 2017? Enter the Big East Tournament as the #7 seed at 9-9 and on the wrong side of the bubble, beat #10 seed DePaul Wednesday night, then beat the #2 seed Thursday night to secure a bid?
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Snow supposed to be bad all day Wednesday.

Also look at this Friday night potential doubleheader:

Xaver- Providence
    Villanova- Seton Hall.

The Garden is going to be electric, especially with those teams.
    Run the table.

Don't you mean can Rowsey , Hauser, and Howard combine for 60+ each game? Worst defense in the BE and ZERO inside game.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-06-2018 at 11:03 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club