Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Big East Tournament

It seems that as a number one seed, our potential first game is tougher than Novas? Thoughts on this?

You think Saint John's and G'Town are tougher then beating Marquette ?
    2014 RTS National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams) 2015 RTS 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)
    2012 NFFC National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams) 2015/2018 NCAA Bracketology 351/362 pts

Yeah I do think the combination of St John’s/Georgetown is tougher than Marquette/DePaul. Johhnnies beat Duke and Nova so they are dangerous and Georgetown took us to overtime. Howard and Rousey are also a tough backcourt combo however. I guess to be the best, you gotta take all comers so game on!

Here are the odds of reaching each round for each team in the BE tourney according to KenPom:

https://twitter.com/kenpomeroy/statu...43210587660288

I'd rather play Georgetown then Marquette!

Shouldn’t they set this up as 10 vs 9 and 8 vs 7 and have X play the winner of 10 vs 9? So Nova could end up playing a 10seed after coming in second and X could play a 8 after coming in first? Seems backwards.
    Last edited by OTRMUSKIE; 03-04-2018 at 01:25 AM.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Shouldn’t they set this up as 10 vs 9 and 8 vs 7 and have X play the winner of 10 vs 9? So Nova could end up playing a 10seed after coming in second and X could play a 8 after coming in first? Seems backwards.
    I agree in theory, but seeding isn't only about protecting number 1. The 7th place team is "rewarded" with a game against number 10 for the first round. If it were 7 vs. 8 and 9 vs. 10, you're sort of punishing 7 compared to 9 (ignoring matchups, etc.), even though 7 had the better regular season.

I suppose they could consider reseeding after each round, especially since it's a small tournament played in one location. Either way, just win!

Just let Xavier pick which of the two teams it wants to play once the games are over.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Just let Xavier pick which of the two teams it wants to play once the games are over.

I like this idea.

We could just say, "We want to play the loser of the next game."

Problem solved!
    Last edited by UCGRAD4X; 03-06-2018 at 05:42 PM.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

That’s a great idea!!!
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield