Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Radford going to the Big Dance on a buzzer-beating 3.
    Great shot!
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

ASUN up next Florida Gulf Coast versus Lipscomb.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Looking over the conference tourney brackets, it's pretty amazing to see where some of the teams ended up considering the early-season success and hype. For example:

Arizona State : Once #3 in the country, now a 9-seed in the Pac-12 tourney.

Other teams that caught my eye:

Oklahoma: 9-seed in the 10-team bracket after being ranked #4 in the country about 6 weeks ago.
    North Carolina: 6-seed in their own conference tourney despite ranked #9 in the country last week.
    Texas A&M: 8-seed in the SEC after cracking the AP top 5 in week 8.

Less shocking, but noteworthy:
    Minnesota: Pre-season #15 in the country, ended up on the #11 line in their own conference tourney
    Northwestern: Another whiff in the pre-season rankings (#19.) Fell out of the rankings by week 3 and ended up a 10-seed in the B1G tourney.

Of mild interest: The Summit league features an all-South Dakota championship game.

Entertainment purposes only:
    Dayton: 9-seed in the A-10 (nothing surprising about that, it's just funny.)
    It's winning time.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Great shot!
    Aiken High School grad Carlik Jones!

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Meanwhile, Lipscomb has almost completely wasted a 32-point lead at Florida Gulf Coast. They are now up by only 7 at the under-8 timeout.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Muskie View Post
    Looking over the conference tourney brackets, it's pretty amazing to see where some of the teams ended up considering the early-season success and hype. For example:

Arizona State : Once #3 in the country, now a 9-seed in the Pac-12 tourney.

Other teams that caught my eye:

Oklahoma: 9-seed in the 10-team bracket after being ranked #4 in the country about 6 weeks ago.
    North Carolina: 6-seed in their own conference tourney despite ranked #9 in the country last week.
    Texas A&M: 8-seed in the SEC after cracking the AP top 5 in week 8.

Less shocking, but noteworthy:
    Minnesota: Pre-season #15 in the country, ended up on the #11 line in their own conference tourney
    Northwestern: Another whiff in the pre-season rankings (#19.) Fell out of the rankings by week 3 and ended up a 10-seed in the B1G tourney.

Of mild interest: The Summit league features an all-South Dakota championship game.

Entertainment purposes only:
    Dayton: 9-seed in the A-10 (nothing surprising about that, it's just funny.)
    Hahahahah that's amazing. Comical how bad they are. Wonder how UD Pride is dealing with this season.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Gotta get one today for my Loyola Grad Daughter.
    Congrats MOR. Porter Moser was an assistant under Majerus when I was at SLU. I always liked him and wished he would have taken over for Majerus instead of Crews.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Radford going to the Big Dance on a buzzer-beating 3.
    That was awesome. Love March basketball!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Congrats MOR. Porter Moser was an assistant under Majerus when I was at SLU. I always liked him and wished he would have taken over for Majerus instead of Crews.
    Seconded. Loyola played by far their best game of the tournament today. Ask Florida - they will likely be a dangerous 12 seed in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Thanks D-West! They made the Dance for the second time in my LUC daughter’s lifetime!!!

The last time they were in, she was 3.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell