Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Cutting Down The Nets On Wednesday

On Wednesday February 7th Xavier took sole possession of 1st place in the Big East Conference, and we have had sole possession of first place ever since.

With a win on Wednesday, Xavier guarantees itself a share of its first Big East Conference Regular Season Title.

It has been a minute since we cut down the nets in the Cintas on Senior Night.

I think winning the Big East is a great way for our Seniors to go out. Our first taste of it. It is fitting that this crew that has given so much to the program is in a position to do this.

Hope this isn't the kiss of death, because we still have to beat a Providence team that already has beaten us this year. We should have one hell of a crowd. Should we prevail, I think we should cut down the nets.

Smell The Glove of the Big East Champions!
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Another bright point in a program that's rolling. I don't think we should cut down the nets though, I think we should keep a focused attitude, and make sure we bring it against DePaul and win the whole damn thing straight up. Let's celebrate our Seniors and the success they've brought to this program from transitioning into the Big East to becoming a heavyweight, but then it's right back to work. Take care of business at Providence and DePaul, take a bit of time to enjoy the ride, and then back to business. This isn't where I want our storyline to end next season, I much rather be cutting some nets down in San Antonio instead.

Focus on the next 4 minutes. The BE means a lot to me, but it doesn’t begin to compare to March Madness. The BE is a vehicle to get us to where we want to be. I don’t want to get sidetracked with distractions. It wouldn’t be the end of the world, but it’s not the Big Prize.

Even if I feel it could be HUGE in recruiting...the lifeblood.

No. Nets are for tourney winners. It would be weirder than snuggies.

Not to mention this is like talking about a no-no in the eighth inning.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

I get Nets are for tourney winners, but I'm pretty sure we cut down nets in some of our A10 regular season home clinchers.

Junior
    Cut them down. Big East Champs....no question, that was a goal of Blueitt when he made his decision to come back. I think they have had a ton of battles and deserve to cut it down.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Backyard Champ View Post
    I get Nets are for tourney winners, but I'm pretty sure we cut down nets in some of our A10 regular season home clinchers.
    I remember that at least twice they brought the students onto the floor and had the players cut down the nets on senior night.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Win big and then do it!

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    I remember that at least twice they brought the students onto the floor and had the players cut down the nets on senior night.
    Only brought the students out? This could be the focus of an upcoming FBI investigation concerning age discrimination.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    It's been 7 years since the program has won at least a share of a conference title. If the team wants to cut a net for checking off a goal, I'm all for it.

I also remember Xavier beating Richmond to clinch the regular season one year, but the team didn't cut the net that day because they struggled and survived in that one (and ended up doing the net cutting in their next home game).