Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thank you Creighton- X controls destiny again.

Awesome!!!

Just gotta take down Providence and DePaul for the BE regular season championship.

Let’s go X!

All-Conference
    Another program stepping stone up for grabs. Let's do it.

No excuses this time, have to take care of business. A lot on the line against Creighton and DePaul, let's hope we come out focused and take care of business, would love to see regular season Big East Champions even if it didn't require beating Nova.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    No excuses this time, have to take care of business. A lot on the line against Creighton and DePaul, let's hope we come out focused and take care of business, would love to see regular season Big East Champions even if it didn't require beating Nova.
    Guessing you mean the Friars but understand why you have the Jays on your mind.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Guessing you mean the Friars.
    Whoops yeah, I was too excited about Creighton winning. It's Senior Night against the Friars though, and JP and Tre can go into the history books as our top duo, would love to see Tre break Sato's record with a plethora of threes as well. Looking forward to tail end of the season boys!

Is it too Dayton-esque to be giddy over the fact that our progress comes at the hands of another program's assist.

No, I think not. I think not, because this is the Big East. It isn't like we're trying to climb over the stench that secrets from the likes of the "competition" in the current version of the A10.

Two more, baby. Two more. With the first up being at home and a revenge game at that.

There will be no excuses if we don't make this happen.
    X A V I E R

I'm pretty giddy
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    i'm pretty giddy
    i can tell!!!

Take it for what it's worth but we are not losing to Nova again unless they decide to nail 16 threes again. It's the only reason they won the second game.

It sounds petty but I bring that up for one reason. Xavier has won in two gyms Nova couldn't. When their three is off they can't fall back on much. If Xavier's three is off they have other ways to beat you. We have won Big East road games many different ways with many different leading scorers. Because of that I would say an outright Big East championship would not be questionable, but very much well earned and deserved.

If we make it to the Big East finals, it probably won't matter too much if we win or lose. Only concern is that maybe we lose Omaha to fast charging Kansas.