Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by usfldan View Post
    You left out some guys:

Cueto got them Duvall
    Frazier got them Schebler

A couple guys didn't net much in subsequent trades, so they may not have been worth as much as fans would have liked:
    Bruce got traded for a 30th round pick named Ryder Ryan a year later.
    Frazier got traded with some relievers for a bunch minor leaguers and Tyler Clippard.

And few people are yearning for Alfredo Simon or Mat Latos back instead of Anthony Desclafani or Eugenio Suarez (although both current Reds fall under the injured category). Luis Castillo for Dan Straily looks good so far, so they've made some trades that have worked as well.

Chapman is really the one trade that I think they struck out on.
    Duvall was part of the Mike Leake trade.

I don't remember who was the third player in the Cueto trade, but you did get three players from the Royals.

xu95

Quote Originally Posted by xu95 View Post
    I don't remember who was the third player in the Cueto trade, but you did get three players from the Royals.

xu95
    Lamb was the third - he barely pitched and when he did got lit up.

There have been some decent trades but overall we let a boatload of talent go and didn't get a whole lot in return. Selling low on Chapman and not selling high on Frazier were really bad moves. Their whole theory of trading for "major league ready talent" didn't really work in practice.

The whole organization is inept.

I always look to the top. Ownership. Its why the Bengals are who they are.

We had A LOT of great talent and traded most of it away and got very little in return. Bad decisions that are going to set us back a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    Lamb was the third - he barely pitched and when he did got lit up.

There have been some decent trades but overall we let a boatload of talent go and didn't get a whole lot in return. Selling low on Chapman and not selling high on Frazier were really bad moves. Their whole theory of trading for "major league ready talent" didn't really work in practice.
    How about Cozart leaving getting nothing for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    How about Cozart leaving getting nothing for him?
    Another dumb move. I think they did try to re-sign him though.

Most years the Reds will hang around till the break, get my hopes up, then implode as summer wears on.

This year they came busting out of the gate, and quickly ran, after 11 games, to the worst record in the majors.

Nice.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Price did a horrible job last night. Bunting instead of allowing Barnhart to hit and using up all of their bench players before extra innings. You could hear the disgust in Thom Brenneman's voice on TV.
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    Price did a horrible job last night. Bunting instead of allowing Barnhart to hit and using up all of their bench players before extra innings. You could hear the disgust in Thom Brenneman's voice on TV.
    Asking Barnhart to bunt to then rely on Pennington and Hamilton is the dumbest managerial decision I've seen in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Asking Barnhart to bunt to then rely on Pennington and Hamilton is the dumbest managerial decision I've seen in a long time.
    Yep! The Reds are not good and Price might be a good pitching coach but I have not really anything from him that shows me he's a good leader and/or manager.
    Zip'em Up!