Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    He was still a Xavier player. documents say February/March of 2016.
    But had he already declared for the draft at that point? Didn’t he get injured in January? I really don’t remember the exact dates when all this went down.

I think that IF his dad took money, and IF he wasn’t aware of it, and IF nobody at X was aware of it....then X would have a pretty sound reason to win an appeal of any NCAA punishments placed upon it.

Bottom line though....X is going to be a loser in the court of public opinion and there is little or nothing that can be done about that right now. I do believe that Mack’s statment is an initial attempt to control the damage to the best of his ability. And I believe him too.

But he didn’t say that they were completely unaware of any payments by the agent to either Sumner or his dad.....THAT has me concerned.

He got injured in 2017. He played games for Xavier after the date of the payments.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    But had he already declared for the draft at that point? Didn’t he get injured in January? I really don’t remember the exact dates when all this went down.
    No, he played for us last year too.

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    No, he played for us last year too.
    I’m legitimately curious because I don’t know and you seem to be confident. Is it true that programs have to vacate all wins where ineligible players were on the roster vs games where they actually played?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    I’m legitimately curious because I don’t know and you seem to be confident. Is it true that programs have to vacate all wins where ineligible players were on the roster vs games where they actually played?
    I don't know either! I do believe that's the case though. Could be wrong. Also, this is still the FBI investigation, and the NCAA will have to do their own investigation and this just seems like it will drag on for awhile and be sorta messy before any real "punishment" is handed down.

Whatever, we should leave the banner up.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    He did play that year, though. So the case is made he helped get wins that lead to NCAA tournament birth.

Bright spot here. Will Louisville avoid Mack when they look for coaching candidates?

But yeah, this is all so stupid.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    We are a LONG way from this getting sorted out/settled. Just kinda wish this had broken a month later, because now it's a distraction for us (more so for the players named who are currently playing).
    None of our current players were named. If it distracts other teams it will only help X beat them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sophomore
    Who else in the league was implicated in this? Saw Whitehead at Seton, heard something about Nova coaches?