Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    How’s this for an out in left field theory? Sean said all money talk should go through him so he could tell the agent to take a hike and keep his money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Shaq's kid de-commits from AZ.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    That's good to know. I know I've heard stories of players being hungry at times at other schools, but that could be because they had issues with bureaucratic mismanagement while Xavier has managed the situation well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    I lived with athletes, and they usually got a good meal before games, etc. A lot of sports analytics are being done in this day and age telling you about sleep, recovery, your diet, etc. These guys definitely have access to meals at Xavier, and even living off campus all of my roommates had meal plans as well, we may not have had outrageous funds for beer, but I can assure you that they were eating just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    The only thing that can possibly be in play is that money never changed hands, or they know there is zero evidence that money ever changed hands. What else is there, besides Miller saying the wiretap "wasn't me".

Either way, I'm completely shocked they are letting Ayton play. How can he continue to play, and how can the games they've played, and their post season not be in jeopardy with his playing?

The shaggy defense only gets you so far.
    Last edited by ervinsm84; 02-24-2018 at 04:17 PM.

The only thing that can possibly be in play is that money never changed hands, or they know there is zero evidence that money ever changed hands. What else is there, besides Miller saying the wiretap "wasn't me".

Either way, I'm completely shocked they are letting Ayton play. How can he continue to play, and how can the games they've played, and their post season not be in jeopardy with his playing?
    Money doesn't or didn't have to change hands for their to be crimes. Wouldn't that fall under "conspiracy to commit"? They talked about it and had a deal, but money never exchanged hands....but then why would Ayton still attend Arizona?

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Money doesn't or didn't have to change hands for their to be crimes. Wouldn't that fall under "conspiracy to commit"? They talked about it and had a deal, but money never exchanged hands....but then why would Ayton still attend Arizona?
    I think the main part drudy is saying is that they know there is zero evidence to the money changing hands- or at the very least it will be extremely difficult to find that evidence. Not necessarily that money never changed hands. At that point, much like UNC, AZ will force the NCAA to find the evidence....

which is even more shocking they aren't letting him coach tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    From what you’re hearing, is the worst of it over for Xavier?
    I've been lead to believe that the exposure Xavier has within the investigation is not devastating. However, I certainly don't have a comprehensive view of what the FBI might have. So I probably can't answer that exact question.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Miller releases a statement saying he is confident he will be vindicated. What the hell is going on? If he turns out to be right, the folks at ESPN have some explaining and apologizing to do...especially Bilas and Vitale.
    No one, and I mean NO ONE, is more careful about reporting than ESPN. Just sayin'.

Makes one wonder if Arizona and Miller know something that nobody else does....

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I think the main part drudy is saying is that they know there is zero evidence to the money changing hands- or at the very least it will be extremely difficult to find that evidence. Not necessarily that money never changed hands. At that point, much like UNC, AZ will force the NCAA to find the evidence....

which is even more shocking they aren't letting him coach tonight.
    A spread sheet doesn’t prove much, but the FBI has the power to get damaging bank records. A few thousand is easy. Six figures doesn’t happen in a brown paper bag. Miller is toast, I’m assuming. Follow the money.