Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

A reason to be worried or haters hating?

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ion/362856002/

Found this on the MM board. Don’t know what to make of it. The Priders seem to think it may be worrisome.

I say Meh.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

We knew this 5 months ago.

Semaj's 3rd agency since turning pro and Ed was a 3 star recruit. Nothing to see here.

It is kind of funny the Enquirer is reporting what they read in other stories as news even though that news is 5 months old.

Sophomore
    Not remotely worried. Nothing major will come out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    Not remotely worried. Nothing major will come out of this.
    totally something to be worried about. the second chris mack saw we were pitted against UMass and Akron for Ed's services, he flew to Detroit and dropped a bag of money with a dollar sign on it on Ed's family's doorstep.

[end sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by mid major View Post
    https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ion/362856002/

Found this on the MM board. Don’t know what to make of it. The Priders seem to think it may be worrisome.
    You mean they HOPE that it is worrisome.

If you were a fan of the VD Flyers, you would have to hope that the program that you hate with all your passion, which has so incredibly distanced itself from your mid-major ineptitude - didn't they lose to Duquesne this year and aren't they like below .500 in a crappy A10! - might now be involved in something that will knock it back a peg, leaving you only 5 million pegs behind it.

Xavier doesn't operate like that. Nothing to be worrisome about. Poor VD.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by GetUp5 View Post
    We knew this 5 months ago.

Semaj's 3rd agency since turning pro and Ed was a 3 star recruit. Nothing to see here.

It is kind of funny the Enquirer is reporting what they read in other stories as news even though that news is 5 months old.
    Seriously...this isn't news.

People are asking the wrong questions here. The question isn't whether Chris Mack is dropping bags of cash to recruits. That's almost certainly a no, and the results the Musketeers had on the recruiting trail this past summer certainly back that up. The bigger question is really two parts. 1. Did a player or a member of their family take money from an agent before they exhausted their eligibility and if the first question is true then it's 2. How much did the staff know.

I do not know enough to say whether or not Semaj, Edmund, or someone else took money while they were still at X, and I certainly have no idea how involved the staff would be if said hypothetical took place. (I would doubt it as their really isn't much to gain for the staff setting something like that up, and a lot of risk) That being said, if you are a college program and have had even a fringe NBA prospect and don't entertain the possibility that an agent tried to bribe a player or a family member, you are incredibly naive. There is the opportunity, incentive, and justification for a player or his family to take that money if it's offered to them. When those conditions are present, it's very easy for someone to do the wrong thing.

The haters are making Semaj and Ed guilty by association. Just because you want something to be true doesn't mean it's true.

Sophomore
    I don't get how the schools would be liable in this scenario. The wrongdoing seems to be on the part of this agency and individual players unless the schools specifically facilitated it and that seems unlikely just because it wouldn't really benefit them to do that.

My take?

Book Richardson could face up to 60 years? Really? I know that’s “up to”, but what’s more realistic (most likely rolling over for a deal). I mean, people DIE and you can get just a few years. The FBI should have spent more time on the school shooter.