Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Freshman

Can we stop already?

Can we cut the paeans to the Big East and to Villanova? You would be hard pressed to find a Xavier fan that isn’t aware of the 30 plus year ladder we climbed but I for one am Fed up with “the story”.

It’s not like the Big East is doing us a favor. Hell, we earned the right to be here and besides one philly-based program we are the best program in the conference. Flagship lite for Snipe.

I guess I’m still grumpy from Saturday but let’s not kid ourselves - X is an elite basketball program. We owe nobody nothing. So there.

By the way, if you’re coming to DC for the game welcome and hit me up, I know all the cool places.

Peace.

I’ll be in DC, with DC Muskie at the Green Turtle pre-game.
    C’mon down!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Freshman
    Irish Channel -- a block away. Irish owned and operated -- A very good Guinness. If not see you at the turtle!

Jay Williams was on ESPN this morning. His "safe picks" for final four were Michigan State, Virginia, Nova, and your Xavier Musketeers. That is elite.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Jay Williams was on ESPN this morning. His "safe picks" for final four were Michigan State, Virginia, Nova, and your Xavier Musketeers. That is elite.
    if the Big East gets two into that round, watch out for the media reaction - - and I'm not saying it will be good or bad. I would think good overall, with some detractors tipping their caps to us along the way. What choice would they have at that point.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    if the Big East gets two into that round, watch out for the media reaction - - and I'm not saying it will be good or bad. I would think good overall, with some detractors tipping their caps to us along the way. What choice would they have at that point.
    My guess is BESPN would then go "all in" on coverage of the two non-BE schools and then do more baseball stories. They will NOT slobber all over Nova and/or X like they do Oklahoma or Kansas or Duke or UNC. The new BE is dead to them.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I’ll be in DC, with DC Muskie at the Green Turtle pre-game.
    C’mon down!
    Japer will also be at Green Turtle. Can't wait to catch up with DC Muskie and all....
    six foot four & a soph-O-more...

Tony Kornheiser essentially ripped ESPN on PTI for slobbering all over Trae young and OK. He said OK will still get in tournament because of ESPN.
    Zip'em Up!

Bring home a winner Kevin
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Can I hijack this into a complaint thread? Or is there one of those already?

Can we stop already... with creating new threads subplots of a game when there is a game thread for discussion of a game?
    Can we stop already... with creating new threads for other games in the Big East when there is a thread titled “other Big East games of note”?
    Can we stop already... with discussing how next years team might have trouble with outside shooting or how they are a bubble team?

Ok I feel better.