Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BE Tiebreaker

BE Tiebreaker

Does this BE do one of these "tiebreakers are only for seeding" deals? For instance, if X and Nova both finish 15-3 are they co-champions? Obviously would be hilarious to consider X "co-champs" with a team that drilled them twice but hey not gonna turn down a title right?

Tie breaker is h2h record.... So nova needs to lose again

Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    Tie breaker is h2h record.... So nova needs to lose again
    Right...but my question is whether that's just for seeding purposes or conference title purposes. Obviously it would make sense in a round robin format for that to tie break for both situations but couldn't find anything clear online.

My guess is that the tie breaker is for seeding and both teams would be co champs. That is the way it was in our past leagues if my memory serves. There isn't a huge incentive to say only 1 team can be the regular season champ.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

tie breaker for seeding but they are co-champs that is how Kansas has won 13 straight some were co-champs
    2014 RTS National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams) 2015 RTS 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)
    2012 NFFC National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams) 2015/2018 NCAA Bracketology 351/362 pts

Nova still has to play at Creighton and seton hall so if Xavier wins out they have a very good shot to still be big east champs.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Nova still has to play at Creighton and seton hall so if Xavier wins out they have a very good shot to still be big east champs.
    If they win out, they will be co-champs. They might end up being a 2 seed, but they would be champions.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sophomore
    The closest I can find to evidence of “co-champs” in a situation where one team had a head-to-head advantage is 2004-05 where basketball reference and Wikipedia (places I’ve looked) refer to Boston College and UCONN as co-champions even though they played once and BC won.

If we tie can we really call ourselves co champs. I mean we clearly don’t deserve it after being destroyed by nova.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    If Xavier ties, hell yes. Regular season sweeps against Butler, Creighton, Seton Hall, Marquette and St. John's. Make no mistake Villanova is in the driver's seat with the head-to-head, but they still have to go to Seton Hall and Creighton to finish the job.

Xavier came out better in their home game against Creighton following the first Villanova loss. It will take a similar laser focus to beat Georgetown again at their place.