Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

A Long Time Coming

I have been thinking about today's game ever since they put it on the schedule. When I first got my season tickets in the mail, my eyes were instantly drawn to this date.

The Big East is a great conference. We have never won it. We are still seeking our first Big East Championship. Villanova has won this conference every year since we have joined.

Villanova is the best team in nation in my opinion.

Over the past five years and their national title, no program has been ranked higher and ranked more consistently than Villanova. They are talented, they are well coached. They always seem to have their spacing, cadence, timing, passing and shooting down to an art form. They don't have any weaknesses. They are a machine, and a machine that usually rips us apart by 20+ points.

Speaking of blowouts, the deer-in-the-headlights 89-65 beating they gave us in Philly this year is about the closest thing to rape that you will find on a basketball court. It is like they blow the whistle and toss the ball up and we just lay down, spread em and ask Nova to please be gentle. It was disgusting to have to go through that again. It is a recurring nightmare. If there is a hell for the Snipeman's eternal damnation, I bet it is groundhog day there and I wake up and we are playing at Nova again.

I am not just sick and tired, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I am sick of singing their praises.

There is only one way to make this right. If we want to be the best, we are gonna have to beat the best. No way around it, we have to punch our way right through it.

The Xavier Way is about being a Champion. Today we throw off the yoke of tyranny and domination. Today we beat them, and take a 2.5 game lead in the standings with 3 games to play (a fait accompli). Today is a day for Champions.

Our tremendous Senior class will then graduate as Champions, with Xavier back in its rightful place. Tre & JP and crew can restore our honor, dignity and our natural seat above the rest. What a great gift for Senior night. Two games left at home for these young men, and today promises to be one of the loudest crowds in school history.

There will be a new Sheriff in town. It will be our first Big East Championship, and it will not be our last.

And it has been a long time coming.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

If you want to win the BEast, you have to beat the beast.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Junior
    Beating the Beast is the path to becoming THE BEAST!
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

I'll tell you what I'm sick and tired of...I'm sick and tired of wearing my Elite 8 shirts.

"Is that all you got?"

As great as those accomplishments were (and continue to be) I want so much more.

I'm almost embarrassed. Is that the best we can do?

A Big East Championship shirt would be a good start.

LET'S RIDE!!!
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Finally. Needed this Snipe!! Today we ride, we are going to curb stomp Nova, and we're going to put a strangle hold on the Big East. This is the start of knocking down that damn wall and riding it to the Final 4. RAISE YOUR SWORDS

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    I'll tell you what I'm sick and tired of...I'm sick and tired of wearing my Elite 8 shirts.
    Why aren't you wearing your Final Five shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    If you want to win the BEast, you have to beat the beast.
    It helps when the Beast is missing some teeth.

Villanova easily dispatched Xavier in the first meeting this season, an 89-65 drubbing at the Wells Fargo Center back on Jan. 10. Wildcats guard Phil Booth scored a game-high 21 points in the contest but won't play Saturday because of a bone fracture.

Groundhog Day again. I am glad to be just 14 down. Jesus Nova knows how to humble me. Bastards.

Make it stop
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Nova is down players and in foul trouble. When it matters all the stars were aligned to finally not just beat these guys but take the Big East. Then Tyrique and Gates struck. Down three Tyreke gets the ball in the low block for a bunny. He misses and we not only get a foul but also a double tech. Hit that bunny We are down 1 with them.o the ropes. Instead We go missed lay up, unforced turnover by gates travel on Tyreke. Instantly back down by 9. We are UD of this league and I'm sick of it.

Chill with the Dayton crap. Calm down, when wright loses in the 2nd round again and we get an Elite 8 you will eat those words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk