Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I’m sure Vegas is viewing this as the classic trap game. Wounded team playing a highly ranked team at home who may be looking to the next game. But No. 4 at home against an unranked team on a losing streak and it’s -4.5? Vegas can be wrong,,..but I’m wondering if they don’t have some inside info. That low number scares the hell out of me.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Totally understood X being short dogs @Butler and @Creighton...but X -4.5? Yuck. I know which side Vegas is on. Hell, Pomeroy’s Game Predictor....and we all know how his numbers hate X, had it at X -7.5. I do not like X -4.5. I’ll probably end up betting X. But it will be a heart bet. I hope Vegas is very wrong about this. Basically, Vegas thinks we are in for another very tight game.

If this were two random teams and I saw this line, I’d take the points. (No. 4 at home against unranked team)
    I watched the game at SH again today. Without an unbelievable game by JP we are not even inthat game. We will need a lot more balance and steady performances tomorrow to keep from losing let alone covering.

I am surprised X is only favored by 4.5. You get like 3.5 to 4 pts for just being the home team and X already won at Seton Hall and is considered better so not understanding the point spread.
    2014 RTS National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams) 2015 RTS 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)
    2012 NFFC National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams) 2015/2018 NCAA Bracketology 351/362 pts

Recent form at the end of regulation the last three games: +1. Before that St. John. We're due, most neutrals would say. I don't think many teams that are highly rated have won all home games. And none but X in the BE.

Personally, I see a 10 point win in the friendly confines. But if that's not the case, we'll make free throws and play the last 4 min like we have all year. These guys are money.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Recent form at the end of regulation the last three games: +1. Before that St. John. We're due, most neutrals would say. I don't think many teams that are highly rated have won all home games. And none but X in the BE.

Personally, I see a 10 point win in the friendly confines. But if that's not the case, we'll make free throws and play the last 4 min like we have all year. These guys are money.
    I will say that's true, where other teams seem to fold up in crunch time, I have great confidence in X down the stretch in a tight one, we've just showed time and time again we have the toughness to get it done. Looking for more of the same if that situation arises.

All-Conference
    At this point in the year, they're all tough. I'd be shocked if tonight was easy.

St. Francis Xavier...pray for us.

Our Lady of Victory...pray for us.

Just get that Dub tonight.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Up to -5

Huge to get the W, to make Saturday the biggest home game in the history if the Tas.

I'm expecting close to 11,000....seriously